The Nurses

"COME ON!" You felt Mono pull you by your coat dragging you towards the window, you both desperately pulled it open only being interrupted by a loud BANG coming in the room.

The splashing of footsteps echoed in the alley. You had both made your way down the window, climbing down staircases to get to safe ground. The thing that once was following you had stopped to take a couple of blind shots that all richoted off the ground. You both ducked into the road not stopping to catch your breath until you had reached a point you couldn't recognize, you grabbed Mono's arm ducking him under a tipped over trash cart.

Breathing heavily you both stumble into the floor of the cart taking a breath, "you ok?" You ask "yeah you?" You nod, taking a moment you take a small step out of the trash can trying to recognize the area, you flip your notebook to the map, pulling out a lighter from your bag you flick it on, "you mind?" You offer it to Mono, he hovers it near you so you could read, "you know where we are?" He asks " We ran for a while we shouldn't be too far, I did recognize a pharmacy, so we should be near the hospital's backroad" you traced your finger on the map following the street you assumed you both ran in.

You flipped the notebook to your last writing, the sentence and numbers were fairly legible despite the obvious haste it was written in, you could feel Mono lean closer. You suddenly felt a slight knock on your head, you snap your head up seeing Mono give a glare, "What were you thinking?!" He had knocked your head "but I needed to write the-" he knocked your head again "you could've gotten shot!" "But I didn't!" He knocked "you better stop or I'm gonna-" knock, you quickly reached over to knock him in the noggin with him moving out of the way resulting with you tumbling over, you look up at him before bursting in a laughing fit, Mono soon joining after.

It really helped release the tension of what was to come.

You both made your way towards the back of the hospital, "Do we have to go here can't we look in the pharmacy?" "It's empty "you respond, reaching the grate of the vent prying it open with the screwdriver, "how would you know?" Mono asked, "cause I emptied it" you replied changing the tip of the screw driver to unscrew the unseen screws "beside sassy, will be here in and out it shouldn't take long, just enough time for the next train to arrive" Mono helps you open the vent after you put the tool away, "don't call me sassy" he whispered, you motion for him to enter but he hesitates. "promise me you won't leave my side" he meets your gaze, your face contorted into confusion "Where's that coming from?", "Just promise", his been here before, hasn't he?, you shake the concern "I promise, now get in", you follow after him.

The vent had led to what seemed to be a cabinet file maze, papers had been thrown around all over the place. Most of them were patient records, some were simple documentation.
The place looked like a fight a had broken out, the decaying corpse of a nurse in the corner decorated with syringes proved the theory to be true. "Everyone was so desperate for answers, they must have thought it would be here" you respond while standing in front of the body "How come you remember so much about The Fall?" Mono asks standing next to you. You nodded your head for him to follow "My mom used to be a journalist before so she was always involved" Mono followed you down the hall you had taken, staying attentive of his surroundings while listening "She had met dad at the news station, he was the repairman there so he basically made sure the tower was working" You continued as you headed into a room that seemed like another office. "Mom always read her drafts out loud and TVs were a common thing at home so I basically grew up always knowing what was happening around the world" you stopped for a second Mono halting behind you "Guess it was basically their downfall as well" Mono looked puzzled "what do you mean?" you turned your face to look at him for a second before gazing back at the tall cabinet "Dad was at work and Mom was watching TV when it happened" you gulped for a second "I later learned that when the signal had changed, the first affected were does who were near the signal tower Dad was in the 20th floor with some other workers" you took a step towards the cabinet grabbing the edge of the door to pry it open.
"They were the first to fall off the tower" you opened the cabinet revealing the shelves, you steadied your foot on one before beginning to climb. You looked down seeing Mono still shocked, you advert your gaze back at the cabinet pulling out a couple of antibiotics that were in the back, "Mom was watching the news of the report when it happened, but it was too late, the signal hit home and she became one of those things" you climbed the rest of the way up the cabinet checking to see if anything had been hidden. Finding a small box of bandages you opened it.