~1~ A New Professor

Start from the beginning

Oliver went into a whole rant about his plans for our practices this year. I play Chaser on the team.

At around lunchtime, Percy strode into the Compartment. "Hello Sara and Oliver."

Percy lifted my head, sat down and placed my head on his lap.

"Percy!" I said, reaching my hands up towards his face. "My child! My son! You've grown taller! And so handsome! I think I see a few wrinkles though....."

Oliver laughed and Percy rolled his eyes. "It's nice to see you too Sara."

We spent most of the train ride with Oliver and I teasing Percy, and him scolding us.

"I want to do something mad  this year." I said, as Percy started twirling a piece of my hair with his finger. 

Oliver, Percy and I have been friends since first year, and the three of us are very close, like siblings. So we were very comfortable with each other.

"You already are  mad though." said Oliver.

Percy agreed by nodding his head.

"Shut up. I mean really  mad." I said. "It's my last year at Hogwarts!"

"Which means that you should focus on your O.W.L.S." Percy said.

"And work hard in Quidditch." piped up Oliver.

"Yes yes, I know, I will do all of that." I huffed. "How else will I become an Auror Perce? Anyways, but I want to, I don't know, get drunk on a school night. Or make out with some random guy. Or flirt with a teacher!"

"Flirt with a teacher?" asked Percy, his eyes wide. "Everything you said was too much but this, this is crazy Sara."

"Besides." said Oliver. "There aren't any Professor's for you to flirt with."

"It was just an example." I said. "Besides, we don't know who the new DADA Professor will be."

"Would you flirt with Lockhart?"

I gagged. "Disgusting. I'd rather kiss Snape."

"Me too. I mean, I guess Snape isn't so bad looking." said Oliver, wiggling his eyebrows.

Percy rolled his eyes, but I could see he was smiling slightly, which he hid behind his hand.

"I know you love our jokes Perce." I said.

Before Percy could respond, the train shook slightly as it started to slow down.

"We can't be there yet," I said, sitting up, glancing at the window.

Sure enough, we were still slowly rolling in the middle of nowhere.

"That's odd." said Percy, peering out the window too.

The train then stopped suddenly, and the lights flickered, then went out, leaving us in complete darkness.

"What on earth is going on?" I heard Percy say.

"No idea." Ollie's voice said. "We've most likely just broken down."

"Probably." I said. "I'll go have a look around." 

"I'll come with you." Percy's voice came, suddenly sounding worried.

"Both of us will." Ollie said, his voice also sounding worried.

I huffed, taking my wand out and stepping out into the train's corridor. "I'll be fine boys." 

"Be careful!" they both called after me.

As I walked, I could see the faint outlines of students poking their heads out, and whispering about what was going on. Suddenly, I saw a black figure rushing past me, with a bright silvery thing running after it. I gasped and cowered against the wall, sliding down and shielding my face with my hands.