"I'm at my job interview, gotta go, Alya. I'll call you when I'm done, 'kay?" The ravenette said her mutual goodbyes before hanging up and tossing the gadget back into her purse.

Marinette exhaled the breath she had been holding in, then dusted off the bottom of her short dress. The ravenette flipped her hair onto her back, before pulling open the glass entry doors, and walking inside.

* * *

"Ah, yes, Ms. Dupain-Cheng. You have an interview with the boss, correct?" An older woman sitting behind a desk asked. "Yes." Marinette replied simply, not being able to stop herself from wondering who 'boss' may be, as Alya had mentioned earlier in their conversation that Gabriel had retired from his position as head of the company.

The orange-haired woman motioned for the ravenette to follow her, leading to the elevator. After traveling up a few floors, they'd reached the top.

Finally, the woman stopped Marinette before a room at the end of the hall, causing the ravenette's buried worries and insecurities to fill her head and take over the remaining confident thoughts.

"He should be waiting in here, I wish you the best of luck." The orange-haired woman informed,  offering a small smile before turning away.

"Thank you, ma'am," Marinette responded quietly, mentally attempting to settle her rattled nerves.

The ravenette spun around to face the wooden door, the only obstacle keeping her from her chance at success. Marinette stared hard into the metal handle as if she were trying to burn a hole through it, then decided to stop beating around the bush and bite the bullet.

The ravenette clasped the handle, swinging the door open dramatically. To her surprise, Marinette's ears were met with a familiar voice greeting her.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Dupain-Cheng. Please take a seat." The voice spoke, the tone calming and handsome, velvety.

Marinette stepped into the room, wishing to get a better look at her 'maybe-soon-to-be boss's' face.

The ravenette raised her head, her eyes flickering to the man sitting behind a glass-plated desk.

Her heart dropped.   

Because sitting in that comfy, cushioned chair behind an expensive desktop in only the most luxurious building in Paris, was the one person Marinette hoped to never cross paths with during her visit.

Square jaw, straight nose, pursed lips, long and curly golden-blond hair, and unmistakable emerald green eyes that were piercing right into hers.

"Good afternoon." The blond spoke the simple statement, though his eyes seemed to be saying more.

"Adrien Agreste." The ravenette replied to his greeting coldly. Adrien ignored her malicious tone and motioned Marinette to the seat placed before his desk.

The ravenette hastily pulled out the chair, sitting down and resting her hands on her lap as she sat forwards, calming herself.

Though it wasn't just nerves she was calming this time.

The blond's expression only showed seriousness; his eyes were cold and dark, and constantly flickering around the room anxiously, which Marinette would have noticed if she hadn't been so infuriated.

"I'm going to ask you a series of questions, which you'll be answering as honestly as possible," Adrien spoke with a monotone voice, his stone-hard features never relaxing.

"Got it." was all she replied.

The blond asked her questions on her organization skills, her devotion to work and her previous jobs, her cooking and baking skill sets, and many other unexpected questions that only further confused the ravenette.

"Excuse me for interrupting, but how do these questions relate to the job?" Marinette spat, raising a brow.

The ravenette could've sworn Adrien's eye twitched at this statement, but any sign of emotion soon disappeared moments after.

"No need to strain yourself, Ms. Dupain-Cheng, you're qualified. You've earned the position, so please pack your bags tonight and make sure to get here early, seven o'clock sharp. Don't be late." The blond remarked, locking gazes with the ravenette.

"Pack my bags? What for?" Marinette questioned suspiciously, various thoughts and worries entering her mind.

Adrien fidgeted with a pen, continuously clicking the instrument on and off. After a few seconds, the blond sighted, his eyes shifting from the table to the ravenette.

"You'll be glad to know that starting today, you've officially become my personal assistant, Ms. Dupain-Cheng. We're... going to be making a few arrangements to fit your work schedule." Adrien concluded, liveliness pouring back into his features as a small smirk tugged at the corners of his lips.

Dread filled the inside of the ravenette's stomach, and her throat went dry.

Not only had she run into her an old 'acquaintance' from high school,

But she had also just wrapped herself up in a complicated situation by mistakenly becoming his personal assistant.

"Oh, fu-." Marinette cursed under her breath but was cut off.

"No swearing at work, Ms. Dupain-Cheng."

"'Ms. Dupain-Cheng~' my ass, Agreste."