Haven't Seen Your Face

Start from the beginning

        Cecelia looked back up at Winry and saw that the girl seemed a little uncomfortable.

        "I'm sorry," Cecelia started. "I'm sure Edward and Alphonse didn't tell you since they wanted to protect you."

        Winry shook her head. "No, I'm fine. Honestly, I wish they would tell me more." Winry leaned across the table and took Cecelia's hand. "I'm glad that you feel comfortable telling me. Sorry I can't offer more advice."

        Cecelia smiled. "Listening is really enough Winry. It feels really good to get all this off my chest."

        Winry smirked, "But what I want to know is how you and Ling are doing?"

        "What?" Cecelia asked, her face starting to warm.

        "Oh don't even pretend," Winry giggled. "Anyone can tell that you two are totally in love!" Winry elongated the last word in a mocking tone. "I mean when I was in Central the only time you smiled was when Ling was around!"

        "That's not true!" Cecelia laughed, but it faded quickly remembering what Ling was going through at the moment. "He's actually kind of missing right now," Cecelia explained what happened when they were below Central. "Al and Ed think he's still alive, but we have no idea where he is."

        "Oh man, poor Ling," Winry said. "Do you think he'll be alright?"

        Cecelia shook her head. "I have no idea. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried."

        "Man, everything is really building up isn't it?" Winry also leaned back in her chair, trying to comprehend everything that was going on.

        "Yup." Cecelia sighed.

        The girls sat in silence for a moment. Cecelia looked up at the sky, letting her eyes follow the few drifting clouds float across the sky. A black mass sat atop a building, it stuck out like a sore thumb against the bright blue sky. Just when Cecelia actually tried to see what it was, it disappeared. Her instincts told her that something was wrong.        

        Once the two finished eating Cecelia escorted Winry back to her shop. "You aren't leaving today are you?"

        Cecelia shook her head. "No, I think I'm going to stay until tomorrow."

        Winry grinned. "Awesome! Then you can run some errands for me!" She said as she dug through a bag and pulled out a list.

        "What?" Cecelia laughed. "I'm not your errand boy. That's what you have Edward for."

        "Is he here right now?" Winry asked jokingly. "No? Then that's what you're here for!"

        Cecelia crossed her arms and stared at Winry, unmoving.

        "Please! Think of it as a thank you for fixing your automail so quickly," She begged, stuffing the list into Cecelia's arms then rushing around the shop doing random tasks. "I've just got so much to do!"

        Cecelia rolled her eyes but grinned. "Fine fine," She turned and headed right back out into the busy streets of Rush Valley. "But you better have a cold strawberry smoothie ready for me!"

        Cecelia heard Winry laugh in response before she got swept into the movement of Rush Valley. Honestly, she was glad to get away from Winry for a little bit. She wanted to find whoever it was that was following her. Winry was safe in her shop, surrounded by customers and Garfeil. Cecelia could relax and search the town.

        She started to run the errands Winry asked her to complete, picking up parts of arms, legs , elbows and feet, gears, and new tools to put it all together. After a while, the parts were starting to be too much to carry. A kind older man offered her a canvas bag, in exchange for a good look at her automail. Cecelia begrudgingly obliged. All throughout her tour of the town, Cecelia continued to see that person dressed in all black. Each time she'd chase after the person, she'd find herself in a dead-end.