"Damn it," she whispered.

"What?"

"He's out of town and took the spare key with him," she groaned.

"What about your parents?" I asked, surely they had keys to his apartment.

"They're deceased," Neely replied quietly.

"Oh. I'm sorry." Damn. Now I felt like an idiot.

"Would you like to come to my house then? I have a futon in the living room that my roommate let's his guests sleep on, but you can use it." The poor girl was soaking wet, locked out of her home, and she looked like she would've blown away if the wind was fast enough.

"Sure," she replied quietly, her hands moving to her biceps and rubbing up and down lightly.

"You cold?" She nodded lightly and I turned the heat on. Driving through the rain, we safely made it to the house and I opened the garage as we pulled into the driveway. Looking over, her head was leaned against the window and her eyes were closed.

"Neely?" I whispered, gently touching her shoulder. "We're here." She jolted awake and looked around, taking in a deep breath.

"Sorry," she sighed, rubbing her eyes.

"You're fine," I chuckled and opened the door to get out, popping the trunk. As the garage door closed I grabbed my bag and papers to grade from the trunk and lightly shut it. Walking inside, I could hear Neely's footsteps behind me and I sat my bag on the floor.

"Well, this is the kitchen. Living room is through that door, there's a bathroom upstairs, third door on the left, and if you need anything, let me know," I smiled and walked toward the fridge.

"Thanks," Neely mumbled, walking up the wooden steps and I heard the bathroom door lightly shut followed by a scream.

Louis.

"Sorry! I'm so sorry!" I heard Neely repeat numerous times. Taking the stairs by two, I could see her covering her eyes with her hand and leaning against the now closed door.

"There's a naked guy in the shower, so I'll just wait," she chuckled.

"That's my roommate. I didn't think he was here. You can just use my bathroom," I shrugged, walking toward my bedroom door and opening it.

"There are towels under the sink," I smiled before turning toward the door.

"Coach?" she asked.

"Yeah?"

"Do you have any dry clothes? All my stuff is wet."

"I do. We can throw yours in the wash when you get done showering. Hold on and I'll get you some." Walking toward my black oak dresser and pulling out a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, I sat them on the counter.

"Just yell if you need anything."

"Thank you for everything," she blushed and I closed the door behind me. Hearing the click of the lock, I let go of the handle and closed , the bedroom door behind me as well. Seeing Louis walk across the hallway, a towel hung on his waist, he stopped and smiled at me.

"After all these years," he teased.

"She's one of my players," I sighed. "She was locked out."

"Okay," he winked.

"Go put on some clothes." Walking down the stairs and into the kitchen, I opened the fridge and grabbed the first beer I saw, popping it open and taking a long swig. Leaning against the counter with a sigh, I tried to think of what I could make for dinner. Spaghetti? No, too simple. Alfredo? No. Steak? No. Chicken? No. Burgers? Fine. Hoping she would eat one, I took the hamburger meat out of the fridge and tossed it against the counter before pulling an apron over my head and beginning to cook.

---------

"Smells great," I heard a small voice say behind me. Turning around to see Neely standing there in my clothes with a towel around her head, I chuckled.

"I hope you like burgers."

"I do."

"Good," I nodded. "Would you like anything to drink? We've got water, chocolate milk, anything?"

"Water," she shrugged, sitting down at the barstool and I heard Louis stomping down the stairs.

"Hello loves," he beamed.

"I see you've already met Louis," I sighed, opening my second beer.

"We haven't formally met," Louis grinned. "I'm dying just to know your name."

"I'm Neely. It's nice to meet you fully clothed," she chuckled

"Likewise," he teased.

"Do you want tomatoes?" I asked as I dished up the burgers onto the three plates I had set out.

"Sure," she nodded, taking a sip from her water and I found myself growing nervous if she would like my cooking or not.

Hey guys! The chapters will be kind of the same as before only different, because Neely isn't acting the exact same as she did before. Don't forget to comment, vote and share.

Much love!