Chapter 17 First act of a Tragedy

Their life together was so bright, the future was still smiling at them, it couldn't be any better, and that was all because of YeonWoo's cousin. YooHan still went out with her when YeonWoo was busy, her cousin covered her in presents of all kind... a few months of pure heaven.

"Ha Neul! The minister of foreign affairs received this fabric as a gift, do you like it? We can ask our tailor to make a good dress out of it... Ha Neul?" YeonWoo asked as he came back after a whole day of work.

Her mother was sitting next to her, Ha Neul was pale, her hands holding the sheets tight. Her mother stood up as she saw YeonWoo standing near the door, she walked to him and closed the door behind her, so that her daughter couldn't hear them.

"Aunt? What is going on? Is she sick? Should we call a doctor?" YeonWoo asked worried.

"No, YooHan already called one this morning... and he said that he cannot do much for her... I will take good care of her, you can't do that much here anyway, why don't you got and check YooHan? He seemed quite shocked after I told him what the doctor said"

YeonWoo covered his open mouth with his hand, slowly realizing that the person who helped him so much was slowly perishing. He calmly walked to YooHan's room, almost falling during in the corridor due to the incredible and unbearable shock of those terrible news.

"YeonWoo..." YooHan whispered as he saw his lover open the door of his room. YeonWoo walked to him and hugged him, sobbing miserably. YooHan pushed him away and stared at him, falling at his knees.

"YooHan!"

"It is my fault... it is just my fault... I knew it... I knew that it couldn't last..." Yoohan said crying desperate.

"No Yoohan... it isn't your fault... it is just..."

"What!? What is it then!? Can you tell me? She sacrificed everything for us! And why did this happen? Because I'm a probe! That would have never happened if I... I..."

"Don't say that... please... the whole tragedy started when I was born as a mono... you have no fault... it is all mine... but please... let's just ignore all this, we should stay by her side, trying to make her last days the happiest of her life! Thanking her for the opportunity she..."

"She won't last another day YeonWoo! I killed her... my hands are covered in her blood... I slowly killed her... by choosing her cousin..." YooHan said before leaving the room.

Seeing no other way to convince YooHan, YeonWoo walked back to Ha Neul's room. He opened the door and ignored his aunt who kept telling him to just leave her in peace.

YeonWoo knelt and grabbed her hand, he hugged it and sobbed, he then looked at her and smiled through his tears.

"YeonWoo? Where is YooHan?... sh.. shouldn't you be with him?..." Ha Neul asked

"No... I'll be with you... til the end..." YeonWoo responded kissing her pale hand.

"Mom... can you... leave us alone for a minute?" she asked, her mother nodded and left the room.

"Ha Neul?" YeonWoo asked confused

"I don't want you to cry YeonWoo... I lived happily... I don't regret my choices... even though one of them caused this..."

"No... no please"

"When... my time will come... mom will tell you the truth... I... I assure you that your hearts won't feel guilty anymore..."

"B... but..." YeonWoo stuttered

"Just one last thing... a guy will soon arrive with some candies... let him in... can you do that?" Ha Neul asked

"Of... of course"