The Scavenger Hunt

Andrew awoke to the whirring sound of his heater turning itself on. It was Friday now, & he didn't have any classes. He was planning on just relaxing today when he noticed a poster sitting on his piano. "Huh?" he thought to himself, getting out of bed & looking at the poster.

The border of the poster was green, & the inside was a light purple. Text was on the poster in a darker purple that said "A Very Extraordinary Scavenger Hunt!" & at the bottom of the page, it read, "When you're ready to start, come to the Red Lobster!"

He stared at the poster for a moment. Then, he sighed. "Well, I have nothing better to do today." So, Andrew got dressed in his usual clothes, grabbed the poster, & went on his way to the Red Lobster in town.

.
.
.

Zubin had already been up for a while, but all the lights in his room were off, so you could probably imagine his surprise when he turned on the lights to see a poster that he didn't recognize hanging up on his wall. "Hm. I don't remember buying that." Zubin muttered, reading what the poster said.

The inside of the poster was a light purple, whilst the border of the poster was a dark blue. At the top, there was text in a darker purple that read "A Very Extraordinary Scavenger Hunt!", & at the bottom it read "When you're ready to start, come to the new Walmart!"

"Huh. Interesting." he said. "Well, it might be fun! I haven't done a scavenger hunt since 5th grade!" & so, Zubin quickly got into clothes that weren't his pajamas, grabbed the poster off of his wall, & sprinted on over to the new Walmart.

.
.
.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Bee-

Ross rolled in bed over to the side where his alarm clock was & turned it off. "Ugh, I really need to change the sound my alarm makes." he yawned, sitting up in his bed & looking at the ground. Sheet music & papers with lyrics on them were scattered everywhere. "Oh, yea. I forgot I'm in a band, heh." Ross chuckled to himself.

Then, he looked over at his desk. The poster that he looked at last night was still there. "Oh. The poster." he sighed, getting up to look at it again. It hadn't changed from the 8 hours Ross had been asleep, but something did seem off about the poster. Perhaps it was the amount of purple that was used, or maybe it was the font of the text on it.

He decided to just brush off the bad feeling he had for now. Scavenger hunts were fun! What's the worst that could happen, right? Ross got changed into his regular clothes, grabbed the poster, & started his journey down to the bakery.

.
.
.

Rob had awoke to the sun shining directly in his face. He reluctantly got out of bed, rubbed his eyes, & noticed an unfamiliar poster laying on the floor. "Huh? What's this?" he yawned, picking the poster up & looking at it.

The poster had a border which was yellow, & the inside of it was a light purple. On the poster was text in a darker purple which read, "A Very Extraordinary Scavenger Hunt!" & at the bottom there was more text that said, "When you're ready to start, come to the abandoned Pizza Hut!"

"Oddly specific location, but I never pass down a good scavenger hunt!" he grinned, changing into his regular clothes & going on down to the abandoned Pizza Hut, bringing the poster with him.

.
.
.

Joe groaned as he stretched & got out of bed. He was absolutely exhausted, but he had things to do today. Joe went to go change into his regular clothes when he noticed a poster pinned to his closet door. "What the fuck?" He yanked the poster off of the door & took a closer look at it.