23.5: Painful laughs

There was a bright light. Shohei could see it. It was so bright, blinding almost. And with the darkness surrounding him, he reached out for the light.

Am I dead? The last thing he remembered was him being placed in an ambulance.

Did I die in the ambulance? He couldn't feel anything. He couldn't really see anything else but the bright light.

Maybe I have.

He tried to reach for the light. He was mentally preparing himself to be in heaven.

"Am I dead?" He muttered as the light got bigger and brighter. He saw a figure, almost as if it was right in from of him, looking down on him. The person was in white with long hair. He tried to make out the face, but it was blurry. The bright light behind the figure made it harder to distinguish. "Jesus?" He called.

"Bitch."

His brows knotted. Did Jesus just called me a bitch? He squinted his eyes and tried to reach out for the face in front of him. "Where am I? Are you God?"

"If you believe God is a woman, sure why not?" It was clear to him that the voice was feminine, and familiar.

"Leave him alone, Hoshi. He's just starting to wake up." He turned to see another figure, one that was farther. He looked around to see a few other figures. He knotted his brows and groaned.

"Jesus Christ." He tried to figure out why his vision was blurry. Even when he rubbed them or tried to focus on on thing, it was blurry.

"For fuck's sake, I told you I ain't Jesus, you stupid son of a bitch."

"Hoshi let him rest-"

"I'm you're motherfucking goddess, now rise my son!" Shohei was pulled up by his outstretched arm. He groaned and winced at the sudden movement, feeling the pain around his body. Now he had guessed that he wasn't dead and that the person talking the loudest was his annoying friend Hoshiko. He tried to look at her, focusing on her face, but it wasn't working. Everything was so blurry. "And now I'll give you the gift of sight!"

He could see her moving. Then she placed something on him and when he opened his eyes again, everything was crystal clear.

"Now, what do you think of your goddess?" She smiled at him widely, blinking a few times, as if to look pretty.

"Fucking ugly

"Fucking ugly." He joked as she looked offended, playfully hitting him."Ow! That hurts! Stop it you bitch!" He winced as he then went on to feeling the glasses on his face.

"You're the bitch!"

"Will the two of you shut the fuck up?" They turned to see Aizawa there, laying on his own bed, glaring at them tiredly. "And here I thought requesting for you to be transferred to my room would be a good idea." Aizawa groaned and got up from his bed, sitting to look at them.

Shohei couldn't help but smile, "you're alright."

"Yes." Aizawa cracked a small smile. "And you, my boy, are a very lucky man."

Shohei knotted his brows, "What? Why?" He turned to see the two Yamadas smiling at him widely.

"If you hadn't opened your eyes and started talking like you were looking for Jesus, those two would have buzzed your hair off." Aizawa shook his head as the two showed the razor and scissor in hand.

Shohei leaned back at the sight. He actually liked growing out his hair. The boy turned to his father, asking for questions. "Its Hizashi's dark humor... he likes cutting off his friend's hair." Aizawa glared at the blonde who held scissors.

Yamada shook his head, opposing. "I don't like cutting anyone's hair off! I do this as punishment for being reckless enough to end up in the hospital." He explained as Hoshiko laughed and Shohei thanked the gods above for waking in time.

"Really?Then what about the USJ?"

"Recovery girl wouldn't let me in to visit you at all." Yamada huffed, "said I'd be too loud for you."

"And you are." Aizawa grunted.

"Plus she noticed the scissors and further didn't allow me."

"And the hospital allowed you?!" Shohei looked concerned and utterly terrified of his possibly insane uncle Yamada. The blond man smirked, saying:

"When you're a hero, you can bring anything and not be suspected." He winked at the boy.

"Ah so that's why you have a picture of a buzzcut!" Hosiko started cackling. As the father and son duo widened their eyes, one in shock and confusion and the other or horror.

"You had a buzzcut?!"

"Hizashi!" Aizawa went red of embarrassment as his son looked at him in amusement, wondering how his father looked with very short hair. It was almost impossible to depict.

"Dont blame me the kid saw the picture!"

"Why are you displaying it in the first place?!"