"Okay. Hey Eddie." I said when Eddie was walking towards us.

"Hey Val." he responded and gave me a high-five for some reason.

"You two are so cute together." Buck said giving us a pout face followed by puppy dog eyes.

"Shut it Buckly." I said and walked away.

Eddie's POV:

Val had to drop Travis off at the airport this morning so when she showed up, I could tell she was a bit sad that he had to leave but also excited he would be moving to LA.

Buck and I have gotten to know him pretty well over the past week and it was also nice to know what some of her life, including friends, were like back in the rainy city of Seattle.

The bells rang and we got our gear on and jumped into the trucks. We were heading to a place in the mountains where someone called that they fell off a cliff while hiking. We got there and Val, Buck, and I were all sent down to find the hiker. We found him but he denied calling. As he was being pulled up, we searched around a bit and found a skeleton. We called the police and that was the last we heard about it that day. We jumped back in the trucks and made our way back to the station.

"That was too creepy." Val said.

"Do you think it was a ghost?" Buck asked.

Val laughed. Damn- her laugh was contagious. I soon followed her laughter and Buck started to get angry.

"There was no one else there. That's why I asked if you guys thought it was a ghost." Buck said.

"As much as I would love to see a ghost or even believe that it was one who called, I doubt it. Maybe it was just another hiker that saw a selfie stick but no person. That's the most logical answer." Val stated.

"Or the ghost of the dead person took it as an opportunity to call so that his dead body would be found and he can finally Rest In Peace." Buck said.

"Buck, you really believe that a ghost was able to cal 9-1-1?" She continued

"If I say yes?"

"If you say yes, I am putting you in a mental hospital." she said.

"Do you not believe in ghosts Val?" Buck asked.

"No. No I do not." she said.

"What about Dia De los Muertos or whatever it's called?" Buck asked

"I'm from Spain, not Mexico. I don't celebrate it." Val answered.

I found it quite funny the two arguing back and fourth.

"What about you Eddie, what are your opinions on this." Buck asked.

"Okay so maybe it was a ghost who called but maybe it wasn't. There would be no possible way for a ghost to call but possible for another hiker too. The only problem with that is there was nobody else around. In my opinion, possibly a ghost but in a way, it seems too far fetched. I agree with Buck nonetheless."  I said.

"Seriously!? You both are going to a mental hospital now." Val said and we all laughed again.

We pulled up to the station and got out. I noticed Val smiling. That smile. Her smile lit up the room. Every time she let out a small smile, I wanted to kiss her. But we promised both ourselves, and Bobby to keep it out of the workplace so we were.

We went upstairs and Bobby had just started lunch and refused help so we went to go sit down on the couch. We played video games for a while and played this one game where you were driving a fire truck and had to dodge other cars and people and other stuff. Buck failed miserably. He hit like 20 garbage cans and quite a few people.

"Remind me never to get in a firetruck if you drive." Val said and I just laughed and nodded my head.

"I didn't do too bad." Buck said.

"You committed about 6 different hit and runs."

"Well have you ever played this game Val?"

"Yes. I was able to get passed it without hitting people. I also used to drive an actual firetruck and probably still could with the same results as the game." She said.

"Let's see it then." I teased.

Buck handed her the controller and she was actually able to get past it without  running over anybody or anything.  She was pretty good. 

"Remind me to not be scared or worried getting into a firetruck with you driving." I said to her.

Buck scoffed and we all laughed again. Bobby called us over to the table to eat as lunch finished. 

"Okay kids, lunch is ready." he said.

"Did you just call us kids?" Val asked.

"You three were over there playing video games and earlier were arguing about if ghosts are real or not. You are practically kids." he said again.

"I am NOT a kid. These two yes, but I am responsible." Val said.

"Prove it." Buck teased.

"You guys are aware a graduated college at 18 with a degree in fire science right? And when we were arguing earlier, I was simply stating the logical." She said.

"Still doesn't explain why you were playing video games with us." Buck said

This pair fighting was hilarious. I loved how well Val fit in with us and the 118. Travis too.

"I was simply proving my point that a video game is not that hard to complete when you try NOT to hit people." she said.

"Whatever you say Lopez." Buck finished and we ate.

The rest of the day was pretty chill. After shift we all went straight home because we were all to exhausted to get a drink. I went home and tucked Christopher in, turned his lamp off, and went off to bed myself. It took me less than five minutes to fall asleep. And I feell asleep thinking about Val.