More time passes and my stomach begins grumbling. We ate sandwiches after our hike to hold us over until dinner, but between the time that has elapsed and the scents filling up my nose, my body is ready for some food. Almost as if he heard my stomach grumbling from the kitchen - which may not be farfetched considering how loud it was - I feel Sebastien's large hands massaging my shoulders.

"Dinner is ready," he says in my ear before pecking me on the cheek and in no time I am up and walking toward the kitchen counter where he's already plated our food.

"It smells delicious," I chime as I look at the chicken dish with pasta and roasted vegetables.

"I hope you enjoy it! It's a pretty simple creamy chicken and herb recipe I found online about a year ago and it's one of my favorites."

"I'm sure I'll love it."

Sebastien Laurent

I watch closely as Naomi takes the first bite of her food and her eyes go wide with a smile pulling at her lips. "Mmmm," she hums. "It's good!"

My heart flutters at her reaction and how accustomed we've grown to each other - doing things like going out on dates and now spending a weekend together. And the fact that we never seem to get tired of each other's company. I couldn't imagine anything more perfect.

"So, are you going to share this recipe with me?" she questions.

"Nope," I respond with a shrug and she is visibly taken aback.

"Why not?"

"Because... I'd much rather be the one who cooks this for you whenever you want it, dear."

I notice her head slightly jerk forward and her face soften as if she's holding back a wince before a large grin stretches across her face.

"I have no qualms with that, Sebastien."

As dinner goes on, we talk about our plans for Santa Cruz tomorrow and Naomi's enthusiasm is so contagious that I can't wipe the smile off my face. She brings her computer to the counter and shows me pictures of all the places she wants to go while we're there and she and I are in perfect sync because many of those spots were already on the itinerary I made for us.

We also discuss her work on the NotionX expansion into San Francisco. I'm excited for her with all the progress she's made for the magazine and I'm still amazed that someone her age has been able to accomplish such a feat. At only 23, Naomi has interviewed and narrowed down three potential candidates to head the San Francisco office for when she leaves and even promoted both of the employees working under her, giving them the option to stay here if they'd like or return to Atlanta when she goes back.

I'm not looking forward to her being so far away again, but it's not something I want to think about right now and either way, I plan to visit often. Hell, I'm already looking at apartments in the city if I'll be traveling there frequently.

When we finish dinner, I begin my project for tonight, which is cleaning the kitchen. I'm not sure how I manage to do it, but no matter what I cook, it's always a mess after I finish.

I kiss Naomi on the forehead before picking up her plate. "Goodnight, dear. I'll see you in the morning."

"Oh no," she protests. "You are not cleaning this kitchen alone, especially considering you're the one who did all the cooking."

"It's really no problem," I reply. "And besides, you're my guest, it would be rude of me to-"

"Is that it?" she asks with a raised brow. "I'm just your guest?"