What on earth has gotten into her all of a sudden?

¨Are aap ye sub chorein aur jaldi se neeche ayein! Taya Abu ke guests agaye hein aur sub apko neeche bola rahe hain. Chalein, jaldi ayein! (Uncle's guests have arrived and everyone is calling you downstairs. Come on, hurry up!)¨ Taking away my chai and putting it on the side table besides me, she took a hold of my hand and practically dragged me downstairs. I just kept giving her perplexed looks at her bizarre behavior, knowing it was useless to argue with an over-excited Mansha.

Just who are these guests anyway to get Mansha this excited?

(Hooriya's current dress
P.S. Imagine a dupatta with it 😉)

¨Bhabhi jaan! (Sister-in-law)¨ As soon as I descended the stairs I was engulfed in a bone crushing hug by a screaming Madiha.

¨Mubarak ho, ab ap officially hamari huein! (Congratulations, now you are officially ours!)¨ She continued on squealing as I passed her a perplexed look. What even...? I was just about to ask her what the hell was going on and what she was even doing here in the first place, when I saw my father striding towards me. I immediately stiffened.

¨Beta, maaf kardo apne iss bewakoof baap ko (Child, please forgive this stupid father of yours). I was just so blinded by the fact that you had gotten married without so much as informing us, for having broken my trust in you, that I didn't even give you a chance to explain yourself. I feel like the worst father for not having listened to you. I-¨ I threw my arms around Baba and pressed my face firmly to his chest, not being able to bear the ashamed and guilty look in his eyes anymore. I could feel the happy tears forming behind my eyelids as Baba too hugged me back with the same vigour, pressing a kiss to my temple. Despite being half hidden inside my father's loving embrace, I could still see and feel everyone standing around us with fond, relieved smiles.

(A/N: I know their patch up was a bit abrupt, but I just didn't have the heart to make sad chapters about their misunderstanding and all that.🙃😗 P.S. Happy and romantic chapters on the way 😏😉♥️)

¨Baba please, aise toh na bolein (Baba please, don't say it like that)! You are the best father anyone could ever ask for!¨ I immediately cut him off before he could utter any other untrue words. I couldn't see my father like that, upset and extremely guilty. Besides, even if he hadn't spoken to me for the past two weeks, he had still been there for me.

A few days ago:

I kept turning and tossing around and tried to somehow go to sleep but my growling stomach was hell-bent on taking away every bit of my peaceful night sleep. I groaned in frustration and finally sat up. I hadn't eaten dinner today as I didn't want a confrontation with my father and see the same angry and disappointed look in his eyes. And besides that, I didn't have the courage to be so openly and ruthlessly ignored by him. Mama had continuously tried to convince me to come downstairs but Baba's disappointed face came in front of me every time I thought of going. I sighed.