16. The Revelation

Phew, finally done! 🤧😵♥️ I sacrificed my sleep for this, so please do share your thoughts here and there! 👉👈🥺 In other words: please comment! 🤭

Enjoy 😉🌸

_______________________________________

Suleiman's POV:

¨Sameer ka rishta aya hai tumharay liye beta. Pharso hi uski Ammi ne- ¨ WHAT THE GODDAMNED HELL DID HE JUST SAY!? Everything around me became blurred the moment the atrocious words left Jalal Uncle's mouth. All I could see and feel was Hooriya, my wife! My! And now, as I stood with Hooriya in my arms as my official wife, I felt each and every single person's disbelieving eyes on us. It felt relieving almost, to have finally announced our relationship to the world.

(A/N: Someone here is as chill as a cucumber. Not at all worried about the storm he's just created!🤦‍♀️😂 )

¨Dimaah toh nahi kharab hogaya tumhara Suleiman?! Ye kis kisam ki bakwaas kar rahe ho? Aur ye kya behudgi hai, Hooriya ko abhi aur issi waqt choro! (Have you lost your mind Suleiman?! What kind of nonsense is this? And what shamelessnes is this, let go of Hooriya right this very instant!)¨ Baba's thundering voice broke through the silence as he marched towards me to grab Hooriya away from me. The very thought had me seeing red. No one, and I mean no one has the right to take my Hooriya away from me!

¨Nikkah me hai ye mere Baba, pura hak hai mera iske upar, aur ye haq mujhe Allah ne diya hai. Aur jahan tak baat us Sameer ke rishte ki hai, toh apko jawaab toh mil hi gaya hoga, (She is under my nikkah Baba, I have every right on her, and these rights have been given to me by Allah. And as far as the proposal is concerned, you must have already gotten your answer)¨ I tightened my hold against a squirming Hooriya and gave everyone a loud and clear message; Hooriya and I were married, and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

I had been restless to let everyone know of our relationship ever since day one, but after what happened on the night of the Baraat and just now, my restlessness flew out the window and was replaced with resolve. I gritted my teeth remembering that awful night, awful night! The night that bastard had dared try to claim my wife, my Hoor dammit! And Hooriya...I closed my eyes and tried to somehow control the molten lava my blood had turned into. I felt Hooriya wince as my hold tightened to the literal point of suffocating, and I loosened my arms almost immediately.

¨Hooriya, kya matlab hai iss sabka? (Hooriya, what is the meaning of all this?)¨ Jalal Uncle's voice boomed across the whole hall as everyone's disbelieving gaze was settled on Hooriya and I. I gave her waist a reassuring squeeze as I felt her slightly shivering, but that turned around to be the wrong move as Jalal Uncle's gaze was already trained on our close proximity. His eyes darkened as he saw my hands dig into her waist, and he immediately lunged in our direction. Startled, and out of respect, I didn't move a single muscle as he immediately pulled Hooriya out of my grip. I know how dangerous a possessive man can get, and the last thing I need is to start off on the wrong end with my father-in-law.

¨Hooriya b-beta, ye Suleiman kya keh raha hai, n-nikkah? (Hooriya c-child, what is Suleiman saying, n-nikkah?) Gulaab Aunty took hold of Hooriya's hands and gave her a pleading look, almost begging her to tell what was going on. But Hooriya had gone completely numb; as if not being able to digest what was going on. I internally sighed. Well, this was bound to happen. I wasn't expecting everyone to just accept the news with open arms anyways.

¨Yani ke ap meri behen ke sath sath Bhabhi bhi hain? (Meaning you are both my sister and sister-in-law?)¨ Madiha whispered from next to me and I bit back the smile that was about to form on my face.