✰ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿 ✰

Start from the beginning

As I looked at the people around me with their children, I could remember the last image I saw of Sivaangi. She had her back to me, trying to find her car key and I could see how annoyed she was. That same day I had decided to look out the window after receiving the news that I was finally going to leave the asylum. That was the only good thing that happened after I said all that to her and I kicked her out of my life. While looking out the window, I did not fail to notice her car parked in the same place she had parked it the first time, I realized how much things were getting complicated. 

There she was, impeccably beautiful and with her cute and childish way, as I remembered, but with an air of a little more maturity. I was surprised to see her around again, but she didn't look at me, which angered and brought sadness to me, but I know that I kicked her out of my life without any explanation, so she would obviously look at me. I woke up from my thoughts when I saw that I was facing my house. I took a deep breath and rang the bell. My mother's image appeared before me and I just couldn't express any reaction, not after remembering the last time we met when I tried to kill her a year ago. 

"Ashwin, my son, I miss you," she said and I was surprised, when I felt my mother's arm around me, hugging me tightly. She was clearly homesick.

"Hi...Aditi," I said without having anything else to say. 

"You're still not used to calling me Amma, are you," she asked, smiling with emotion. 

"Excuse me," I said and hugged her tight, trying to sound convincing, and then I saw dad staring at us. I let go of my mom and faced him. 

"Hello, son," he said approaching me and hugging me. 

"I'm glad you're back," he whispered guiltily. He also said nothing and I suddenly smelled a familiar smell. 

A perfume that smelled like home to me, it was her smell, my rowdy don.

"Sivaangi was here," my mother confessed, looking apprehensive. I looked at her in surprise and she sighed. 

"She looked very upset when she visited us. Why did you leave her Ashwin? You guys were doing very well," she asked.

"What happened or stopped happening doesn't matter anymore," I said seriously.

"But, I still want to know the reason for her visit," I confessed, crossing my arms. 

Both my mom and dad looked at each other and dad decided to speak up. 

"She remembered, Ashwin," he said and I frowned asking for more explanation. 

"Sivaangi remembered how she had the head trauma," he said and I opened my eyes wide and anger took hold of me. 

"That's why she came here to me. To tell us," mom said. 

"When was that," I asked with my eyes closed. 

"Yesterday. About 5 p.m," mom said and I punched the wall in anger, startling them both. My breathing started to become uneven. 

"I'm going to leave," I said with difficulty, "Do not ask me where I am going or when I am back," I said before leaving the house, slamming the door very hard. 

I don't care if I scared them or not with my reaction. They both know why I am this angry. No, I will not go back to her house, ask how she is doing, because if I look at her I know I will break down crying.