Before she took a step outside to take in the fine weather, she stared down, noticing a familiar, rusty, wide and teal eyed robot in a green dog costume. 

(Y/N) rolled her eyes. "GIR," (Y/N) sang, a smirk tugging at her rose coloured lips. She knelt down a little to reach the disguised robot's level. "What're you doing here?"

 "Noooothing..." GIR averted his gaze. (Y/N) maintained her smirk and eye contact as she raised a singular eyebrow. "Did Zim put you up to this?" 

"Oh! You're too smart for me!" GIR cried. "Master did tell me to follow you and bring you to skool, but only because he LOVES you!" 
GIR runs into (Y/N)'s chest and wrapped his little arms around her, gripping her tight. (Y/N) gave a polite pat on the soft and fluffy dog costume. 

They pulled out of the hug and the two started walking into the distance. 

"Master said I need to stay here," GIR mentioned as they reached the main skool building. "And I say that you can go home, okay?" (Y/N) delivered the soft robot a kind grin as she patted the top of his head, causing a delightful chuckle to come from GIR. "Okie dokie!" GIR cheered as he waved. (Y/N) waved back. 

The two walked their separate ways. (Y/N) headed towards the skool building.  
When she opened the main school doors, she was treated to grey and muted green hallways, covered in cobwebs, and mould within wall cracks and the entire hall smelled like dead fish. (Y/N)'s nose twitched as she inhaled the scent. She opened her mouldy locker, grabbing her books and binders. 

Out of the corner of her eye, she spied her guardian, Zim. 
She gritted her teeth as she spoke to him:
"So did you send GIR to wait again?" 

Zim's eyes widened and darted around the area. "Uh, uh... I don't know what you're talking about," Zim stuttered. "He was waiting outside my music lesson and said you sent him," (Y/N) hissed. Zim gulped. "Okay, maybe I did tell him—" 

"Oh for the love of the Tallests!" (Y/N) slammed her locker door shut and began speed walking down the hall. 

Zim sighed and shut his locker door. 
He walked over (Y/N). 

"(Y/N), I'm sorry but I can't let you roam—" 
"It's only few blocks!" (Y/N) snapped. 
"But who knows what could happen!" Zim insisted. 

(Y/N) groaned, throwing her arms up in the air. She was about to stomp over to Zim, but then the bell rang. (Y/N) just sent a stone cold glare Zim's way, and then turned around and began walking to class. 

Zim groaned at the angsty Irken as she walked further away. 

As (Y/N) walked into Miss Bitter's class, she suddenly stopped, her breath being taken away as she spied him from afar. 

Dib. 

Dib Membrane. 

He sat at the far end of the class. He was a peculiar boy. He mostly kept to himself and spent most of his class time scribbling in notebooks about extraterrestrial life. In fact, he's probably doing that right now. 
(Y/N) admired his intelligence. After all, he's the only person who ever saw through hers and Zim's disguises. He often have the right answers to Miss Bitter's questions. 
He's also a  beautiful boy. She had never seen another human like him. He had black holes in his...ears. His raven coloured hair fell in front of his big nerdy glasses, enlarging his chocolate eyes. His trench coat was long and flowing behind him and he regularly sported big black boots. Due to that, he reminded (Y/N) of J.D. from Heathers. Except Dib—at least to her knowledge—wasn't a murderer.