Chapter 17

Sang's P.O.V.

        After getting off the phone with Phil, I get off of the bed. "Sorry boys, we're going to have to postpone."

I grab a bag and start putting things in it that I might need tonight. Possible dresses, a thigh holster maybe. Or something that I hate more than anything, a bra holster.

         "Is everything okay?," Corey asks.

          At the same time Raven frowns. "Why?"

        "Yeah, everything's fine. I just have a last minute job tonight. I have to go meet the team that I'm working with shortly. Just let the others know I won't be working tonight."

      "Okay," Corey nods. "Do you need anything else?"

           I nod. "If you could let Sean know I'm going to need a Doctor's excuse for work, that would be great. Other than that, I've got it covered."

"What is the job?," Raven asks.

I grab the smallest gun I have, something that will be easy to hide. "You know I can't talk about it until after it's over."

"Rules are made to be broken," he says.

           "Well, this is one that I'm not going to break," I say, "There are things that I have to do that certain people might not like. And that's all I'm going to say."

Corey is the first to get off the bed. "We'll go let the others know. Call if you need anything."

"I will. Thanks," I say, in a hurry to get out of here.

Raven reluctantly follows Corey out of my room and moments later I hear them leave.

Before I do anything, I call Ian and let him know that I'm sick and won't make it to work. After promising him that I will get him a Doctor's note, he tells me to feel better and that's the end of the conversation.

I finish packing the bag, change, and then leave the apartment as well. About fifteen minutes later, I show up to the address Phil sent me. When I get to the door, I knock. After a minute, a man opens the door. "Squid," he says.

        "Waffles," I respond.

        "You must be Nina. We appreciate you doing this so last minute," he steps to the side, "Come on in."

      I step inside where four other guys are sitting. "I'm Alex Gray. This is my team Matt, Caleb, Levi, and Parker," he points to each one so I know who he's talking about. "Guys this is Nina."

          "Nice to meet you all," I nod.

         "Alright," Alex says, "We don't have much time to catch you up and get you ready, so let's begin."

        I follow Alex to the table where the others are sitting and take a seat. "I'm not sure what all Dr. Roberts told you, but you'll be attending the party tonight with me as a girl I purchased."

       Levi slides a picture in front of me, "This is the man you'll be seeing tonight. His name is Enzo Romano. We believe he has around six girls that he plans on selling off tonight."

        I raise an eyebrow. "At a house party? That seems like a pretty risky move."

         "Because he's loaded," Parker says, "If he gets caught, he tends to write a big check and the charges mysteriously go away."

        I clench my jaw. Caleb, who I'm sitting next to, slides his laptop in front of me. "This is Jessica Reyes. She's fifteen."

I stare at the screen as he shows me a picture of each girl. "Emily Harris, fourteen. Aaliyah Davis, fifteen. Riley Jensen, sixteen. Aria Lawson, she's seventeen. And Sophia Carlson, thirteen."