Chapter 3

Sang's P.O.V.

       I cross my arms impatiently as I wait for my luggage. I can't help but feel on edge. I haven't been back to Charleston in a long time.

       Once my luggage comes around, I grab it as fast as I can. I exit the airport and search for a familiar face. Finally, I see Phil standing by a car. When I walk up to him, he pulls me in for a tight hug.

       "Little bird, I really have missed you."

       "I've missed you too. It kinda sucks, given the circumstances."

      He frowns, "Yeah, it does."

       He takes my luggage and puts it in the car. After we both get in, he starts driving. "Alright, we have an apartment set up for you. Tomorrow, you'll be getting new identification and a car. Your new name is Nina Sommers. You just moved here from Colorado. We will go over the rest of your cover story tomorrow when you will meet the team you will be working with."

       I groan, not ecstatic about working with a new team.

       "Oh, come on. It won't be the end of the world," Phil laughs. "They're good guys."

       "I know. Doesn't mean I have to like it. But I'll do whatever it takes to get this job done."

       "You haven't changed a bit since I last saw you," he shakes his head.

       "Well don't say that like it's a bad thing."

        "It's not, it's just..," he hesitates, "It wouldn't kill you to make some friends in the Academy. You don't have to do everything alone."

       "I don't have to do everything alone, I want to. And it's not like I'm alone all the time. I've had relationships with people. They may have been short lived but I can still have some fun."

        Now that I'm here, I can't help but think of Axel. I still wonder about him from time to time. I hope he's okay, wherever he is.

         Phil pulls into an apartment complex, and changes the subject. "Alright, we're here." He gives me my keys and tells me my apartment number. I get my luggage and head into the complex.

       I go to the elevator, where a man is already standing. He looks up at me as I approach. The first thing I notice are his eyes, one green and one blue. He has soft brown hair and he's taller than me.

       He looks down at my luggage. "Moving in?"

        I nod, "Yeah, good thing I travel light. I hate moving."

         The elevator opens up and we both get in. I push the button for my floor before he pushes his.

        "Well, hopefully I'm the first to welcome you to the building. I'm Marc."

         "Thank you. I'm Nina," I tell him.

          The elevator opens up to my floor and before I get off, "It was nice to meet you, Marc."

         "You too, Nina," he smiles.

          I walk and search for my apartment. When I do, I unlock it and drag my stuff inside.Immediately, I start unpacking, which doesn't take lang thankfully.

          Each time I get an apartment, somebody from the Academy stocks it with everything I could possibly need. Toiletries, food, and weapons. I'm going to be a bottle girl, so I already know whatever uniform I have to wear will not allow me access to a weapon. I might be able to get away with a taser in my bag, but that will probably be the extent of it.