The Asteriod

The doctor came out and everyone pacing in the hall became alert. Dua was the only was still lost in shock just staring at a wall, while sitting on the floor criss-cross.

The doctor looked around and say that talking to Dua would be of no use. The girl was totally out of this world right now but she had to be made to talk otherwise there was always a chance of her going into catatonic shock. 

So instead of talking to Dua first, he talked to Zaroon instead. 

"He is stable now. He has lost a lot of blood, I was able to stop the bleeding but with the amount of blood, he has lost he will be weak for some time. I have a prescription ready here," he handed the prescription to Zaroon, "I will came and check up on him again tomorrow but I would request that someone be on watch with him all the time through the night," He informed Zaroon. 

"Also," he said in a whisper, "Try and get Dua to talk, the girl needs to let out her emotions least she go into a state of catatonic shock. I would suggest talking about what happened, it will be better for her to get whatever happened out. I would also suggest calling his family the chances of survival are not very good. the bleeding might have stopped but the internal damage to organs if something which I have tried to fix, but going to the hospital is not possible tonight," and soon the doctor was leaving.

Rehana helped Dua up and took her into her father's room where Dua sat beside his bedside and again she stared at him. She kept replaying the vision she had seen that night. She wanted to just cry and be with her mother now, she would know what to do.

Zaroon looked at Dua and was aware just how much she was shaken up. He knew she was not in a state to talk but the doctor's instruction was clear. He wanted to just keep her at home and never let her out again, the vision of her is covered in blood standing at his door would never leave his mind. 

But first, she needed to be cleaned up.

He looked for Rehana and Rehana just knew what he was going to say. She went to Dua and gently took her hands into her own, "Dua, let's get you cleaned up. You can sit with uncle after that." Dua did not seem to mind but just at Rehana like a child would look at his elders. 

"Come on Jaan," Rehana again helped Dua up and took her out of the room possibly to their room as Zaroon watched. Once the ladies were out of the room his father asked him, "What do you think happened?" And for once Zaroon had no idea what to tell his father.

"I don't know, she didn't say anything except her Mir Uncle was hurt," Zaroon replied. 

"Talk to her, we need to know what happened, " His father told him. 

"She should inform her family," Zaroon thought of Aisha and Dua's younger brothers. They must have no idea where these two are.

"They are not here, I think they had a train for tonight leaving to Aisha ji's home town for some time, Mir Sahab was supposed to go with Dua in some time. It is why he asked for the driver today. He wasn't sure that they would be safe travelling in a tanga," his father informed him.

That whatever must have happened Dua must have been alone. Allah Khair, he needed to know what exactly must have happened.

He nodded and was about to call for the driver when Rehana came out of their room. 

"She is cleaned up, but she isn't saying anything, only nodding to everything. I tried to ask her what happened but she didn't say anything just shook her head. Whatever it was, it has scared her. I am going to brew some Kehwa for her. Please go and stay with her, maybe she will tell you something," Rehana was concerned for Dua. The girl was as bright as the sun and right now it was as if an eclipsed had covered her brightness.