The Inheritance ☪ Shattered Memories 2 - The bento

A/N: this chapter and all the chapters to follow will be in Shatter's POV. :) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was pouring, and my older brother is still nowhere to be found. 

Not that I'm worrying or anything, because I know that he's capable of taking care of himself. It's just that, if he's nowhere to be found, so is the food. And I'm already starving. 

I waited, and waited, and waited. Still, no food came. I was practically dying from hunger. 

Alright, Shatter. It's the servants' day off so you have to fend for yourself. Okay, let's grab a few canned goods from the pantry and... 

Someone barged in the door.  

It was Lukas, my older brother. 

He was wet from the rain, cold water dripping from his hair. His blood red eyes giving me a glare. 

I shook off the scary sight, and stomped in his foot. 

"OY!" he screamed, dropping the bag he was holding. 

"What took you so long?!" I asked, half screaming. 

"I... had to go somewhere." He stammered. He was lying. 

I gave him 'the look'. 

"I'm telling you the truth, Shatter." He sighed. He tried to make his eyes look sincere, but they were failing him. 

"No you're not! You were meeting with someone, weren't you? Your were meeting with a girl, am I correct?"  

He blushed. 

I am sooo enjoying this. 

"Okay, I give up. Yes, I was meeting with someone. But I'm pretty sure that Lord Endwich is a male." He said. 

I won I won I won. In-mind happy dance!  

I grabbed the bag Lukas dropped. It was a pretty little bento bow. I opened the red bento, and to my joy, it was honey-dipped chicken! Hoorah! 

I looked at it like a lion eyeing a gazelle. 

I felt myself lick my lips, which was really freaky. 

I looked at Lukas. He was staring at me.  

He stared at my face, then to the bento, then back to my face. 

He chuckled. Then the chuckle got louder and louder. 

I glared at him.  

I was pretty much decided that I would kill him, but I changed my mind. 

I averted my gaze to my beautiful bento. The chicken was cut weirdly, but I was too hungry to care.  

I quickly devoured the tasty dish. I was halfway through, but then I looked at Lukas. 

He just stood there watching me. His eyes looked sad and he looked like he was debating on something. 

"It's not cold?" he asked. I nodded. 

My mouth was still full, and as my friend Rain said, talking with your mouth full was impolite. 

I swallowed quickly. "Aren't you going to eat?" 

"I already ate on the way." He shook his head.  

He was flicking the sunflower I placed in a vase this morning. He still looked deep in thought. 

"So who's this Endwich person?" I asked, my mouth full of food. Oh damn. If Rain were here, I would be dead by now. 

Lukas hesitated, as if choosing the right words to tell me. 

"An old family friend." He finally answered. He started to walk towards the stairs. 

He turned to me and nodded. 

Think that means 'good night'. What is it with men? They rely on gestures too much. Well who cares about the opposite sex? What I really need right now is food, glorious food. 

My stomach made a sound. 

Urk. Well, sometimes there's this thing that stops you from eating and sends you running straight to another room. That this is called.... 

Dun dun dun... Diarrhea.