chapter. 26

The car ride home was nerve wracking. I fidgeted with the small box in my hoody pocket. Trying to mask the hollow tacky noise it made as the cars tires collided with the potholes on the street, hoping she wouldnt notice.

"You alright?" My mom asked, chuckling, "you still thinking about what your teacher said to you or whatever"

I laughed a bit too hard for my liking, "no ma, I just gotta pee and I'm concentrating on not doing so in the car" I lied

As my mom pulled into the driveway I excited the vehicle and raced to the bathroom upstairs. "So you're not gonna help me unload the groceries!" My mom called

"Guess she really had to go?"

●●●

The bathroom tiles were cold as my fuzzy socks paced back and forth. Not standing on one long enough to creat warmth.

The small plastic box sat on the counter top.

This is crazy right..?

I'm only 17...

"That's disgusting.."

"Shut up and get out of my head.." I grabbed the box slowly, tearing at it sides, not caring about the packaging, and out came the small white pen.

Here we go..

I sighed unclasping my belt, and began to drop my drawers. I sat on the seat, shifting my leg to the side, maneuvering it into the toilet.

So I just pee on it right...??

●●●

I sat on the rim of the tub, staring into the counter top mirror, as I waited for the designated tim slot too fill out and give me my results.

I'm so young... my eyes hollow and sunken. It was hard not to imagine myself with a swollen stomach, hunched over in pain. No I'm not ready for a life like that..

Bzzt, weather report!

I looked down and reached my hand into my pocket, to swipe away the notification when I saw it. The text

Unknown number: hey I heard this was your new number?

I squinted at the cracked screen in my hands.

Unknown number: it's me. Micheal. ❤

The hell does he want? I threw the phone down onto the counter carelessly, I have bigger problems right now.

I stared at the white stick on the bathroom counter top.

Three more minuets...

A sickening feeling washed over me as the time grew nearer and nearer. What am I gonna do if it has two lines?

Would I tell him..?

Would he care..?

Should I -

My thoughts were interrupted as my eyes scanned the counter top for the pen, with two pink lines.

My heart stopped, when it didnt find it, but rather one with a single blue line

"Thank god!" I sighed In relive, sliding down the side of the bathroom door, as I held the stick tightly too my chest.
"....thank god..."

An: hey guys do you wanna do a Q&A? If so just ask away:)