Chapter 15- Travis

I don't understand why Katie isn't talking to me. She won't even look at me. In fact, I think she's avoiding me.

I don't know what I did. Was it even something I did? Is it my fault? Did I do something wrong? I wouldn't know because she's avoiding me.

It's been like this ever since that party. I don't remember much of it because I was maybe a little drunk (okay, maybe a little more than a little). But one minute Katie and I were making out and then she said she was getting a drink. I got worried when she didn't come back. Turns out she went home.

I need to talk to her.

As I make my way to Katie's room, I try to imagine what i could have done to make her upset with me. I, for one, thought that Katie liked me, but I guess not.

Maybe my breath just smelled bad...

I feel my cheeks heat up as i think about that. I shake my head, trying to erase the thought and I stop in front of Katie's room. I hesitate before knocking on Katie's door.

No answer.

Sweat begins to form on my forehead.

Don't sweat, Travis. I don't think you did anything wrong. I reassure myself.

I wipe the sweat with the sleeve of my sweatshirt and I knock again.

"Katie? Listen, I'm sorry if I did something to make you upset. I don't know what I did, but it would be nice if you could tell me, so that I could make you unhappy- uh, I mean, upset- wait, no! I mean un-upset! If that's even a word. What I mean is, I don't want you to be upset with me because I-"

Suddenly, the door next to Katie's opened and Hazel peeked her head around the door.

"Travis," she said, "Katie went downstairs to eat dinner around ten minutes ago. She isn't in her room." Then she stuck her head back in her room and gently closed the door.

Heat flooded my face as I realized that I was caught talking through a door to an empty room.

So, I ran down the stairs (I almost tripped twice) to find Katie.

She wasn't downstairs, thus starting my search for Katie.

It took me 52 minutes to find her. Can you blame me? It's a big house. Not to mention that Katie was on the roof, sitting on a hammock and looking at the lit up city.

"Kit-Kat?" I ask and she jumped up and turned around quickly, her fists raised. When she saw it was me, she lowered her fist and relaxed a bit.

"Travis," she said. "What are you doing? You scared me half to death."

"I- uh- I just wanted to know why you were avoiding me, and if it was something I did." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck nervously.

Katie raised an eyebrow at me and did something I was not expecting. She laughed. It wasn't like a little giggle. It was a hysterical laugh and she didn't stop for a good two and a half minutes while I stood there watching her.

She started to calm today and I tried to talk.

"I don't- why- um, why exactly are you, um, laughing?" I stammered.

She was trying not to laugh, I could tell.

"Why don't you ask the girl whose face you were eating at the party?" she asked.

"I just asked you, didn't I?" I relied.

At that moment both of our faces went blank as we realized what happened.

"You weren't-"

"You thought-"

"I thought-"

"I wasn't-"

We stood there staring at each other for a minute. I cleared my throat ready to speak, but Katie talked before I could.

"Why don't you- um- I think, well, could you leave? I kind of want to be alone." Then she sat back down on the hammock, staring at the city. She was as stiff as a wooden board, and I knew she would be until I left.

Suddenly I felt the urge to cry. The tears were already welling up in my eyes.

"But, Katie," I said, "I love you."

She was silent for a split second before she dropped her head in her hands and let out a muffled sob.

I was kneeling in front of her faster than lightning. I took her hands in mine and she stared at me. Both of our faces were tear-stained.

"I love you, Kit-Kat and I have ever since I first saw you." And then I did the most embarrassing thing I've ever done. I sang.

"And I-I-I-I-I will always love YOUUUUU-" Katie shoved her hand over my mouth, and I don't blame her, I can't sing. But she was laughing and that's all that mattered.

She smiled at me. "Come here, Goober." She took my hand and pulled me onto the hammock. We laid next to each other, Katie's head resting on my shoulder. Together we looked at the lit up city, trying to find shapes in the buildings. It was kind of like the cloud game, but with a city.

Then after a while Katie spoke.

"I love you."

________________________________

Alrighty! So I was going to update on Wednesday, but that didn't go as planned, so here it is now. You all know the disclaimers, ya da ya da. Thank you all for reading and favoriting and commenting! I love when you guys comment.

Also I would like to give a shoutout to Book-Elf because she is a good 'ol friend of mine and I miss her and she inspires me to write because her story is fan-freaking-tastic!

Hugs and Kisses!