Ch. 23

I walked into catering. Shawn walked to me.

SHAWN: "Can I talk to you, for a minute?"
ME: "Please leave me alone! I'm not in the mood!"

I saw Undertaker stand up from a table. Trish walked to me.

TRISH STRATUS: "Not so tough after all. You need your man to fight your battles. I can see why he's attracted to you. He has a thing for overweight Amazonian freaks."

I ran out and into a restroom. I sat on the counter and cried. Someone came in. I quickly stood up. It was Shawn. I looked down.

ME: "What are you doing here?"
SHAWN: "Sit."

I sat down, since Shawn was blocking the door. He locked it. He got some of the soft toilet paper and cleaned my tear stained face.

ME: "Why are you helping me?"
SHAWN: "How those girls treat you is wrong."
ME: "You would know."

I rolled my eyes.
SHAWN: "I know why you're upset. I broke up with her, as soon as I found out she did it."
ME: "Why were you even with that group?"
SHAWN: "I was new and wanted to fit in."
ME: "I'm sure it wasn't hard for the 'sexy boy.'"
SHAWN: "You look good, too!"
ME: "Did you not hear anything Trish said?"
SHAWN: "She's just jealous."
ME: "Of what?"
SHAWN: "Of how beautiful you are."
ME: "I'm not!"
SHAWN: "You always have been. I actually haven't told anyone, but after I broke up with her, I was thinking of asking you out. I knew you would say no because you always grouped me with them. Every time they wanted to do something bad, I opted out."
ME: "I don't believe you."

I stood up. Shawn grabbed my hand. I turned around. He pushed my hair out of my face and kissed my cheek. I unlocked the door and stepped out.

RIC: "Hey! Are you OK?"

We talked for a while, on the way to Evolution's dressing room.