Chapter 13 - Becoming a mother

Start from the beginning

Natasha eventually pulled herself up off the floor and quickly changed clothes before falling into bed and with shaky hands, she pulled the covers up over her head and tried to fall asleep

----------------------------------

seventeen-year-old Natalia sat alone in her cell cleaning her wounds. She had just done her final training assessment and although she was glad it was over, she couldn't bear to think about the girl she had just killed in the ring. For the final assessment, she had had to shoot targets and show off her skills, which was obvious from the beginning. She had no idea they were going to force herself and her classmate to fight until one of them died. 

At least now she only had the graduation to suffer through and then she would be able to be done with training. She didn't have a clue what graduation was but she thought it must be better than killing her friends. 

Suddenly the metal door began to open, confusing Natalia, food wasn't supposed to come for at least an hour. A tall man with a neatly trimmed mustache walked in and Natalia immediately knew who he was. She stared at him with cold and hostile eyes as he sat down at the end of her bedside but she didn't move back, refusing to crack first.

Natalia had never met Ivan but all the girls knew exactly who he was, he ran the Red Room which meant something big was going to happen now, something involving her.

"Natalia, do you know who I am?" Ivan began, his voice icy, making her increasingly nervous.

Natalia nodded, still not seeing a reason to speak

"Then you know me being here is unusual, don't you?" Natalia nodded again, skeptical.

"Do you know what graduation entails for you?" Natalia slowly shook her head, narrowing her eyes at his question.

"Two weeks from now you are to be sterilized" she opened her mouth in shock, sure she wasn't really a kids person but having children was a human thing, and she desperately wanted to be human again and not just a killing machine. 

"Wh-Why?" She stammered, speaking for the first time, filled with disbelief.

"Children are irritating parasites. They interfere with my agents and cause them to doubt me and my missions. They distract, and I won't have agents that have something that they get attached to" Ivan spat.

Since she had been in the Red Room for as long as she could remember, Natalia didn't have a parental figure she could look up to, and now thanks to Ivan, she would never have the chance to be a parent to anyone. She didn't quite know how to take the news so she just sat there stone-faced as he continued to talk.

"However, you are the best student the Red Room has ever trained. You have almost perfect aim, you fight incredibly well and you are one of the most determined here. Therefore those genes are to be duplicated." Natalia tilted her head, she didn't know what he was getting at.

"Therefore your sterilization will be postponed and next week in its place you will be impregnated." Ivan had just laid out her future as if it was nothing and now Natalia could do nothing but stare at him in shock.

"I'll be going now" Ivan announced before briskly standing up and leaving, the metal lock sliding over the door as he locked her back in this prison with her thoughts.

A child? 

She was Seventeen. No way would she be able to be a mother at seventeen years old. She was an assassin, a cold-blooded killer and they wanted her to have a child, only for its cursed fate to be the same as hers. She couldn't do it, she wouldn't do it.