Identity[2]

Chat tightened his hold around her before suddenly registering what she had said and going completely stiff.

She giggled and pulled back enough to look into his face, clearly frozen in shock.

"H-how?" He looked at her, stunned.

"You told me what you did today." He nodded but still didn't understand what had tipped her off.

She sighed, thinking it only right that she returned the favour. It wasn't fair if only she knew his identity.

"I swung by a few times. Got caught in a tree if you remember." She smiled and moved out of his arms, sitting in her swivel chair by her desk.

He didn't move for a minute or two, and she turned her attention to organising some of her sewing-stuff mess, while she waited for it to hit him.

She heard a shuffle and suddenly there was a leather-clad chest pressing into her back.

Arms wound around her and a a face nuzzled into her neck, humming happily.

"M'lady. Princess. Mari." He hummed and she stroked a hand up his arm, relaxing into the hold.

"Chaton." She responded, holding his hand.

"I was so torn up. So confused. And all along, you have been the same person."

She nodded and turned her head, looking up at him.

"Me too. Between all my feelings, I was just about ready to explode. Though, this doesn't solve everything." He pulled back a fraction and looked at her face.

"Not for me either."

She stood and lead him over to her bed, getting comfy and patting the space beside her.

"What changed? Why would you reveal yourself to me?" He asked as he stroked a hand through her hair.

Marinette's eyes became slightly teary for a second and she force back the tears. She had cried enough that afternoon, to last a lifetime.

Chat stroked her cheek and she smiled gratefully.

"Hawkmoth found Master Fu."

Chat paused his strokes for a second, before continuing gently.

"When? What happened? And what about the other miraculous?" He asked with concern. He could see that it greatly upset Marinette.

"I went to Master Fu for another miraculous to help us. I chose Ryuuko, as you know. But I was being followed by Mayura."

Chat frowned as he heard what happened, but continued to stroke her hair in reassurance.

"I told Master Fu that I was followed, so we made an important decision."

Chat looked at her curiously, urging her to explain.

"We knew that Master Fu had been compromised, so he transferred the miraculous to me."

"What do you mean?" Chat looked at her in confusion.

Marinette thought about how best to explain it. She had started reading the scrolls (because that's what they actually were, not sheets of paper), and had found a note from Fu, it instated her as the new protector of the miraculous. She could return it to him once everything was settled, but a bright glow had engulfed both her and Tikki when she read it out loud. Tikki had experienced the largest change, she now had a gold-detailed crown that held an intricate design, which she couldn't remove. To be fair, it was beautiful. But they had been unprepared for the change. The colour had transferred and there were now gold details around ladybug's mask, as well as small gold swirls around her neck. They apparently marked her as the protector.