⚜️Chapter 18⚜️

"It doesn't work like that." Lucy furrowed her eyebrows at Will in confusion.

Will helping out Lucy with philosophy.

Shocker..I know.

I don't know at what point these two started talking without trying to get at each other's throats. I'm clearly missing something.

"I don't mean to distract you two from your ...work but I'm confused." I stared at Will and Lucy as they sat together on Lucy's bed. They were sited pretty close to each other with William leaning on the headboard of the small bed and Lucy right next to him. If one of them moved an inch, the sides of their legs would rub against each other.

"Are you having a hard time with your assignments?" Lucy asked me casually. Either she doesn't know what I'm referring to, or she's just acting clueless.

"That's not it, you know exactly what I'm referring to." I glare at William who was grinning at me in a funny way.

I don't see how any of this is amusing. It's actually freaky seeing them together like that.

"I honestly don't." Lucy leaned on the headboard causing her shoulder to collide with Will's. And I notice Will leaning into the contact, it wasn't a very obvious move, but I noticed the gesture. And I think Lucy felt that too because her cheeks flushed.

Oh my God.

Seriously, did Lucy just blush at Will?

"Are you okay? You seem pale." Will asked me with pretence worry, but I see the smirk threatening to form.

Will smirking reminds me of the comment he made at the coffee shop two weeks ago.

•If you find me fucking Lucy in your dormroom one of these days don't be shocked•

"Since when are you two civil with each other?" I direct the question to Lucy. "I don't mean to intrude but you've hated Will since the first day of freshmen year and now you guys a suddenly study partners."

Lucy laughed.

"How is this funny? No offence but this is so strange." I wave my hand.

"We aren't friends. I still find him highly intolerable. He just offered to help me out and since all my friends are taking different majors, I accepted his help." Lucy inquired. "I could never be friends with this...jerk." She pointed at Will.

"And why not?" Will asked with a pout. "I'm a nice jerk."

Nice and jerk can not fit into the same sentence. I forgot that Will speaks nonsense when he's hooked.

Oh no! This can't be.

Lucy turned to face him. At that move, their faced were only a few centimeters apart.

There was a time that Lucy would vomit if Will ever got that close to her lips, but now, she has a reddish hue on her cheeks.

Oh sweet mercy!

"Because there's nothing nice about you. And you are far from being the kind of guy I'll date." She replied, sounded serious.

"So you'll rather date those idiots from the parties you go to than an handsome fellow like myself?" Will was holding back a laugh.

Date? I thought we were taking about a possible friendship.

Did Will ask Lucy out?

"Yes, I would much rather date those so called idiots than you. Actually, I would rather date anyone else on Earth than an irritating two faced jerk like you."

Wow. And here I thought they were finally getting along. I spoke too soon.

"Sorry to interrupt again, but now I'm even more confused. Did Will ask you out?" My eyes meet Lucy's.