At War Part 2

At War Part II

...

"Bunny!"

Bunny winced at North's harsh tone, watching as the man in question stepped out of a portal and into her Warren.

"He got you, didn't he?" Bunny asked in resignation.

"Well, I would be lying if I said I hadn't been expecting it," North sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"What did he do?"

"He wrapped up all the yetis in Christmas paper and ribbon. Was very funny."

Bunny blinked. How had the little blighter managed that? Surely the yetis would have protested at the very least.

"I promised myself not to get involved in your 'war' so long as I was not targeted."

"I know," Bunny nodded. "That's why you helped me earlier."

"Ya; elves playing with air horns have made us all agitated and ruined more than one toy. But this thing with yetis demands proper payback," the glint in the man's eye was both encouraging and worrying.

"What did you have in mind?" Bunny smirked. Jack had better watch himself if North was truly getting involved.

"Here is what we do…"

...

...

"C'mon, May, you know you want to," Jack said enticingly.

"No, I really don't. Don't all of you have more important things to be doing than childishly playing tricks on each other?" May frowned, arms crossed.

Jack and Lleu had retired to the lake in Burgess, knowing May would turn up there sooner or later. It had been incredibly easy to recruit the summer spirit after all she wanted to spend time with her little brother that she adored – Jack had barely got out the full explanation before she was grinning impishly and holding back insane laughter. They both knew that after their stunt in the Warren Bunny was going to get the both of them back and so they needed to get a retaliating prank ready as soon as possible. May's cooperation would be needed for what they had in mind but she was proving rather difficult to convince.

"Nah," Lleu shrugged. "It's our off-season and it's not Easter yet." she said

"I would think Bunnymund would be more concerned about Easter preparations than this."

"She has a point," Jack conceded.

"Whose side are you on?" Lleu said as she raised a brow.

"Well, he hasn't called for a truce yet," Jack told his older sister. "If we promise not to hinder preparations for Easter will you help?"

May opened her mouth to respond (probably a 'no' – the fifth so far) but she cut herself off, turning an inspecting gaze on the gently rippling water of the pond.

"What?" Jack frowned, following her gaze. Large bubbles were forming in the centre, popping and disturbing the flatness of the surface. "What is that?"