Vendetta Of Elves

Vendetta of Elves

...

Jack stared at his fellow Guardians, an indecipherable look on his face. They had to be joking. Right?

"Well? What do you think?" North beamed, holding up the current source of Jack's stupor – a pair of blue high-top sneakers.

"Did I do something wrong?" Jack managed, finding his voice at last.

The others looked confused. Huh, I guess they know less about me than I thought.

"What? Of course not," Tooth reassured. "Why would you think that?"

"Those are shoes," Jack explained slowly, as if to a child.

"Your ability to point out the obvious astounds me," Bunny smirked.

Sandy tilted his head, a question mark appearing above him.

Jack raised an eyebrow. "In case you hadn't noticed, I don't wear shoes." He gestured to his bare feet.

"Yes, which is why we got you these," North smiled, holding the offending objects a little higher.

"Uh, thanks for the gesture and all, but no thanks. I haven't worn shoes for the last 300 years and I'm certainly not going to start now."

"What about that cut on your foot?" Tooth wrung her hands together.

"What about it? It's already been dealt with." The cut she was talking about was more of a scratch, really, that he'd received after falling out of a tree. He'd been quick to freeze it over and that should have been the end of it. Unfortunately, his new family would not let these things slide by without a fight.

"But if you'd have been wearing shoes, you wouldn't have cut your foot at all!" Tooth argued.

Jack sighed, rolling his eyes. They really weren't going to let this drop, were they? "What about the Kangaroo? I don't see you trying to make her wear shoes."

"Oi! I'm not a kangaroo, mate," Bunny snapped dangerously. "I'm a bunny, and bunnies don't wear shoes."

"Yeah? Well neither do I," Jack returned the glare, his tone holding the same venom as his colleague.

Sandy raised his brows, eyes widening in an 'okaaaay' kind of expression. He flashed a number of symbols above his head, a rabbit, shoes, a snowflake, and then back to shoes.

"No way, mate," Bunny shook her head. "I am not going to defile myself by wearing shoes."

"But it's okay for me to?" Jack asked incredulously.

"Okay, enough!" North interrupted, effectively ending the argument. "Jack, will you just try them?"

"No."

"What if Bunny wears shoes, too?"

"Hey!"

Jack brought a finger to his chin in contemplation. "Hmm…"

"I did not agree to this!"

"Well?" North ignored the Easter Bunny's complaints.