"Here" he said as he took one from the box, covering his eyes with his hand as he held it out in Steve's direction. "Thanks" he said as he took it from him, passing it to me as I let out a small sigh, taking it from his hands as pain shot through my arms at the movement. "You sure you're okay?" he asked me as I nodded my head in response, taking the t-shirt in my hands as I very slowly lifted it over my head. "I've done harder missions with worse" I said to him as I pulled the t-shirt over my head carefully, Steve helping me push the hole over my hair, making sure not to mess it up.

It sat on my back, the fabric instantly sticking to the blood as I let out a small breath. I was hoping that it would start healing as soon as possible, but with cuts that deep I was probably going to need a couple stitches to help speed up the process. "This feels so weird" I said as I pulled the dress up over my abdomen, pushing my arms into it as Tony finally turned around and removed his hand from his eyes. I hadn't worn a dress this style in a very long time now, the small shoulder pads squaring off my frame as he sat over my shoulders.

"You want to walk about in your skin tight suit and draw the eyes of every person in this base?" Tony asked as he removed his hand from his eyes, my hands tying the belt around my waist as I sneered at him. "I will be drawing people's eyes anyway, no matter what I am in" I responded jokingly as he smiled at me sarcastically, making his way over as Steve fixed a strand of my hair that had come loose. "Can you handle getting the tesseract?" I asked Tony as Steve pushed a pin through my braid, the metal digging into my scalp slightly. "Yeah, Dad's security system is easy to override" Tony responded, pushing his hands into the pocket of the grey lab coat he was wearing.

"How do you know that?" Steve asked, Tony's glasses still resting on his nose as he looked through the blue lenses. It probably would draw a bit of attention to him considering the style of the glasses, but they were way too useful of a tool to not have on him. "Because at the age of 12 I got into it and almost exploded a new missile he was working on" Tony responded as Steve snapped his head over to look at him, a shocked expression on his face. "He then got a better security system" he added as I nodded my head at the riveting story.

"I remember that" I pointed out, pointing my finger at him as Tony started walking over to the door. "Are you sure you're okay?" Steve whispered to me as I looked back at him, nodding my head as I pressed out the best smile I could muster. "I'm fine" I reassured him, Tony turning to look at us as he put his hand on the doorknob. "Ready?" he asked as I looked back at Steve, the blonde pulling a hat over his hair and brandishing a pair of dark aviators over his eyes to try and disguise him a little bit. Whether it will work or not is going to be the main question.

"Sure" I said, dusting off the front of the dress as I started walking over to the door, Tony already having opened it and slipped out a little before the pair of us. I looked back, Steve hesitating on the spot as I smiled at him, reaching out and grabbing his hand in mines. "Hey" I said as he looked up at me, my thumb running over his knuckles. "Just think about the good times we had here okay?" I said to him, knowing that it must have been hard for him to be back here. This whole time period of SHIELD was what Steve missed out on. He should have been here to help get it up and running but instead he was in the ice, and the fact he was back couldn't be easy.

"I'll go now, you wait a little okay?" I asked as I dropped his hand, his head giving me a slight nod as he swallowed the lump that has formed in his throat. I pulled open the door as I watched through the crack to make sure that no one was walking past the storage room as I slipped through the door, pulling it closed behind me. I could see Tony standing under the awning that spanned around the building we were in, waiting at the bottom of the few steps as I walked over to greet him. "Doctor" I said as I nodded my head at him, the pair of us making our way onto the gravely road that was filled with people making their way around the base buildings.

We stopped as we let a car drive past the pair of us, my eyes scanning the base to try and figure out which building had the main labs and offices in it. By the time I joined SHIELD, the Camp Lehigh base had gone under some serious renovations, so nothing looked quite the same as I remember it. "Imagine you're SHIELD, running a quasi-fascistic intelligence organization" Tony said to me as I looked over at him, seeing Steve in my peripherals as he followed after us at a distance. "Do I close my eyes for this one?" I snarked back as we stopped again off to the side of the road, my head looking around as I watched two men make their way through a metal door of a bunker.

"Where do you hide it?" Tony asked as I watched the door clang shut, the small keypad that was on the door flashing red to show that it was locked. "In plain sight" I muttered back as I turned to look over my shoulder at Steve, using my hand to motion towards the bunker as he nodded his head, understanding the meaning to the small gesture. "Check that bunker for me" I said to Tony as he turned to look at it, tapping his finger against the silver leg of his glasses. "Steel elevator shaft" he told me as I nodded my head, my guess having been correct as expected. "That's where we are going then" I responded as I began to walk towards it, Tony at my side as Steve trialed along from behind.

——

A/N: hey guys! long time no see
this chapter is a little shorter than pervious ones but I wanted to keep all the action for the next chapter (and trust me it is going to be amazing hehehe)
please do not forget to vote and comment and I will see you all again soon!

A/N: hey guys! long time no seethis chapter is a little shorter than pervious ones but I wanted to keep all the action for the next chapter (and trust me it is going to be amazing hehehe)please do not forget to vote and comment and I will see you ...