🅃🄷🄴🅁🄴

Yeji

I handed my mom the report card as we sat down for dinner, the maid set the plates down on the table before quietly shuffling away, leaving us to eat in peace.

The meatloaf smelled amazing, the seasoning, well cooked meat, sauces, and herbs lured me in, but I couldn't take a bite just yet.

House rules are I can't eat if my grades aren't up to par, but I know I got all 100%s so I have nothing to worry about. Mom finished looking and set down the report card before nodding at me, allowing me to dig in.

Excitedly I began to eat.

"Yeji, how has school been going?" Mom suddenly asked, interrupting the peaceful silence.

"Good."

"Make any new friends?"

"Not when I have the girls." I am getting suspicious now.

"Really then whats this?" She held up something, I looked up and saw the picture of me and Yeonjun, I froze.

"Oh...that's.."

"Did you forget our deal so quickly?"

"No Mom there is a misunderstanding." I swallowed my food and sat straight, looking her into her eyes.

"Really? Tell me." She folded her hands, her voice calm her eyes calm, but her hands were clenched, her suppressed anger seeping.

"I was looking for Ryujin."

"This doesn't look like you were looking for Ryujin." she pointed to the picture again.

"Mom, you have to believe me."

"I will not take chances with your future, I expect your bags to be packed by tonight, and you to be ready and waiting by the door, give me your phone, you won't be needing it while you're in Beijing."

"But Mom I don't speak Chinese." I begged.

"Then learn." With that she snatched my phone from my pocket and stormed out of the room. Sadness sunk in once the door slammed behind her. I covered my face in frustration, groaning.

I would not see my friends for the next three years all because I messed up... I hate everything right now.

When did I get so sloppy? How did she even find out? She doesn't even have social media?!

I wiped the tears that fell from my face and sucked in my last bit of energy before going to my room.

To pack my life away.

Lia

It's late night and we haven't heard from Yeji since we left school today, and normally she is a messaging monster.

We texted in the group chat, spamming it hoping for her answer, but when there was still no response I decided to do a group call.

"What's going on?" Yuna began.

"Did she get a bad grade?" Chaeryeong speculated.

"Definelty not, she is on top of her stuff." I rejected, Yeji hasn't gotten less than a 99% ever. Or else she probably won't even be alive right now.

"Do you...think her mom saw the photo?"

We all went silent.

It wouldn't be impossible.

All night I could not sleep, thinking about all the possibilities, and each time my mind scooted to the possibility that her mom is the reason for her not responding.