Burning Bridges

(On earth, but now in the crater of Spinel's drill)

You see nothing but a cloud of dust as you held on to Spinel then as the two of you land you see Steven is right in front of you getting up off the ground. ‘Perfect’ you think to yourself Spinel puts you down letting you vent “I am not letting this go Steven Universe” you hissed Steven looked at you with those caring eyes it once comforted you but now it just made you sick “come on Y/N you know I would never leave in danger on purpose I mean we have been friends for 5 years” Steven said in a calming voice, you clinched your fists “it's been 6 years” you say in a hushed tone feeling your anger burn in your chest, Steven stepped closer not hearing what you said “what did you say?” “It has been 6 fucking years since we have started being friends!” you shouted “but I guess you don’t remember me that often since you got you other friends” Spinel smiled, all Spinel had to do now was let your fire burn, Spinel leaned on your shoulder again “gee Y/N, Steven doesn’t seem to even want to remember you anymore” Spinel pulled out the rejuvenator from her gem “why don’t we make sure he doesn’t remember anything else” Spinel handed you the device it felt almost good to hold it in your hands “Y/N come on think about what you doing?” Steven said panicking, Steven had nowhere to go he was stuck in a crater (made by the injector) with a mad friend and a crazy gem fueling her rage. You knew the three hits he had no powers you wondered "how many hits does it take to get to the center of a Steven" Spinel said with a giggle.

“Steven why are you fighting aren’t we all friends” it was cotton candy Garnet at first you were annoyed that Garnet interrupted your standoff with Steven but then you smile at Spinel “hey Spinel looks like we have an audience” Spinel didn't know what you meant by that at first then it clicked 'you wanna toy with Steven' Spinel thought then smiling with you she then roped Garnet and dragged her down “how about a front row seat” Spinel said squeezing her tight “get away from her” Steven shout trying to summon his shield but it failed you hated how defensive he was just with this one friend it just hurt “oh your so Protective of your real friends” you say gripping Garnet face hard Garnet gave a soft whine, “and so carelessly with your fake ones” you shout letting your grip of Garnet face go “stop it” Steven pleaded “then stop us” Spinel teased “you wanna attack us just admit or better yet just try it” you two were loving this seeing Steven suffer just by tying up his friend, Steven shook his head he didn’t want to attack you even if you were making a big mistake like this “NO!” “why not Universe” you shout “because that’s not the truth!” Steven shouted.

You didn’t believe him not after leaving you, “finish this” Spinel whispered you rise the rejuvenator getting ready to swing but before you could do so then Garnet breaks free of Spinel’s grip distracting you from your target. “I know hardships and confusion” Garnet said firmly “but love can live through it all if you face the truth together” you see Garnet's form glow “her final piece” Steven said with stars in his eyes 'no no no no no you can’t lose this comforter you have now, you can’t lose Spinel they were going to send her away bubble her and and leave me alone again I don't want to be alone any more’ as that thought went through your head you lift the rejuvenator and slice through Garnets stomach before she had a chance to fully recover her form.

At first it felt great that you get to keep your comforter your company with Spinel a little longer then you see what you’ve done Ruby and Sapphires gems now were on the ground as Steven stared at you in disbelief at what you had done. “Y/N what what did you just do?” Steven said not know what to think, you then felt numb shaking from you nerves 'why did I do this?' you thought backing towards Spinel 'wasn’t this supposed make me feel better?' you glance down at the device in your hands then back at the gems on the ground 'wasn’t this suppose to make things better?' you look up at Steven how is still staring trying to figure out why you did this 'why do I still feel bad’ you thoughts were racing but Spinel snaps you out of your thoughts as she takes the rejuvenator from your hands and pats your head “you did good Y/N" Spinel said in a soothing voice "now Spinel will take care of the rest OK” you nod leaning into Spinel’s touch.

Steven snapped out of his shock state when Spinel dashed towards him, instead of swiping at him with the blade she instead hit him with the handle hard enough to knock him out, he fell to the ground with a thud Spinel pick you up wrapping her arms around her waist while she grabbed Steven by his coat.

Spinel tossed him out of the cater, "two down" Spinel said putting you down, "Spinel!" Pearl shouted "two to go" Spinel said having you hide for the moment. Spinel threw a few punches but missed, with Pearl, first she threw her spears and blasted her lasers “come on Pearl hit me” Spinel teased bouncing around. You wanted to help your best friend out so you wait for Pearl to get close to where you were hiding and got behind her holding her by the ankles "thanks Y/N" Spinel said with a wink at you as she sliced Pearl in two “so easy” Spinel said cheerfully “you are doing so well today” you smile at Spinel’s praise.

You were hoping that you could hear more about how good you were from Spinel but, Amethyst grabbed you with her whip and dragged you away, “Spinel!” you yell trying to break free “Y/N it’s me” Amethyst said confused why you were trying to run back to the very gem who was making you do all these terrible things, Spinel took a few swipes and missed Amethyst dogged all while trying to running away with you. Amethyst was starting to get tried and knew she wouldn't be quick enough to get passed Spinel so Amethyst hide behind one of the legs of the injector, you tried to say something to get Spinel attention but Amethyst hushed you. You weren’t going to stay quite for Amethyst 'the only gem you should be holding me is Spinel' you think to yourself, but you wanted to wait until Spinel was close first so Amethyst couldn't run. When Spinel was just a few feet away you shout “we are here!” Amethyst immediately covers you mouth “are you crazy” Amethyst hissed “oh course Y/N isn’t crazy” Spinel said holding the rejuvenator to Amethyst neck she froze “Y/N is mine” Spinel said then sliced Amethyst's head off poofing her.