The Wonder Of Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Really?" Jamie gaped.

"Really. Just tell me where and when."

"Awesome!"

...

...

"Hey, wake up," Jack elbowed Jamie, who had fallen asleep against him. There were several loud thuds on the roof – the tell-tale sign that North had finally arrived.

"Huh? Wha?" Jamie slurred sleepily. Another thud followed the first and instantly the kid was more alert, looking up at the ceiling as if he could see through it. "Sophie, wake up!" he whisper yelled, gently shaking his sister's shoulder. The blonde mumbled something unintelligible. "Soph, Santa's here!"

"Santa!" she parroted, blearily blinking her eyes open.

And the next thing they knew North was pulling himself out of the fire place, a large red sack hauled over his shoulder.

"Hey, North," Jack greeted.

"Ah, Jack, should have known you'd be here," North smiled at him. "You are still coming to party, yes?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Good."

"Santa!" Sophie cheered, now fully awake. Jamie stood beside her, beaming at the intruder.

"Hello Jamie and Sophie," North smiled at them. "Have you both been good this year?"

"You're the one with the list," Jack pointed out. He was ignored.

"Yes!" she answered at the same time Jamie said, "I think so."

"Then let me see if I've got something for you," North whispered conspiratorially, reaching into the sack. "Aha!" he exclaimed, pulling out two expertly wrapped presents. "What do we have here?" He pretended to carefully inspect the presents before passing one to Jamie and the other to Sophie. "I believe these are for you."

"Thank you!" the kids chorused, ecstatic.

"You're welcome. Now, if you will excuse me, I have many more stops to make," North said, pausing on his way back to the fireplace only long enough to practically inhale the milk and cookies set out for him. "Merry Christmas!" he bellowed. And then he was gone.

"That man has a black hole for a stomach," Jack muttered.

...

...

Stop number two turned out to be Antarctica the following morning. With his new watch (which he had set to the time zone Mother Nature lived in – having to change it all the time would be a pain, but far more trustworthy than the sun) he would be able to keep track of how long he had until he was expected for Christmas lunch.

Jamie and Sophie hadn't wanted him to go but it was easy enough to distract them with presents and promises to come back after Christmas. They had family coming, anyway. Plus, he suspected Bunny would show up sooner or later to see Sophie and the Pooka would probably appreciate it if he wasn't there to tease him. What? He couldn't cut the rabbit a break every now and then?