••☆ Final Chapter: "Hidden Past" (Part 1) ☆••

Start from the beginning

She could read the look on his face. She could see he had been through hell after what she did to him. "I... I'm sorry." she said in a shaky voice.

"That's not what I want to hear... Do you really love me?" he repeated tensely.

She let out a deep breath. "How about you? ...Can you ...Can you still say you love me? ...This is me. This who I am. This is all I have." she burst out, then she cooled down. "I have nothing more." she said, smiling sadly. She did her best to hold back her tears, but she failed and broke down. Her eyes watered and her cheeks reddened.

"Were the things I showed to you not enough to convince you to trust me? ...Rose, I almost killed myself looking for you when you left. That's how important you are to me... and if you're still afraid to know what I feel for you now that I'm finally seeing you, well listen to me you stubborn brat... Yes. Yes, Rose. I still love you. I still fucking love you... Now, answer my question. Do you love me too?" he asked in an eager tone. His eyes were raging, but they were also hoping.

Upon hearing his words and witnessing the honest look on his face, Rose completely lost it. She pulled a long face and cried.

He quickly held her face and gently wiped off her tears with his thumbs. "Please, Rose... Tell me honestly what you really feel for me. I want to hear it from you." he begged softly.

She stared at him for a moment. "I... I do. I love you, but... but I'm..." She was very embarrassed. She struggled to explain herself.

"Shut up. That's all I need to hear." he said, then he bent down and kissed her.

Although she was still holding back her feelings, she did not refuse to be kissed when she felt his lips on hers. At that moment, she did not deny to herself that she really missed him so much. When their lips parted, their eyes met again.

"Why are you still crying?" he asked, looking at her wet eyes.

"I don't know." she answered, gasping.

He sighed. "Listen... You will not go anywhere. I love you. You love me, so you're coming back with me and stay with me. I will not waste this chance. If you refuse, I will jump off this window. I swear I will really do it... I will not leave this place without you." he told her firmly.

She lifted her hand and gave him a light slap. "Don't say stupid things like that." she chided.

He stared at her for a moment. Then, he pulled her and embraced her tightly. "God, I really miss your slap." he said breathlessly.

"Rose! Are you still in there? We have to go now! Come on down!" a female voice yelled from the staircase.

"Rose?" she called again.

Then, she appeared at the entrance. She stopped when she saw her friend with a handsome guy holding around her waist. "Um... What's going on here?" she asked in a confused tone.

Dylan and Rose looked back at each other.

Seeing his anxious face, Rose finally gave in. She sighed and looked back at her friend. "Um, Jean... I think..." She paused and looked at Dylan again. There was still fear and worries on his face, but his firm hold on her waist gave her the feeling that he was really not going to let her go anywhere without him again.

Taken by his genuine desire for her, she shifted her eyes back to Jean. "I can't come with you anymore." she told her in a hesitant voice.

Dylan smiled.

After Jean heard that, she felt sad and dispirited. Then, she finally realized who the handsome guy was. "May I know why?" she asked, furrowing her forehead.

"She can't go because she will renew her contract with me." Dylan answered.

"Is that true? Are you serious?" Jean asked Rose.

"Um, yeah... I'm sorry, Jean." she apologized in a low and embarrassed tone.

Jean sighed. "This will definitely make them sad too."

Before they left, Rose asked time from Dylan to say goodbye to them. He agreed.

After a few minutes, she came back with a sad look on her face. "They will go for a long road trip without me." she told him in a sad voice.

"Don't be sad. Let's do our own road trip together." he replied, then he took her luggage and held her hand.

"What contract are you talking about anyway? Don't tell me you still want me to be your helper?" she asked.

"Yes, but the term is no longer a 'helper'. You're my girlfriend now." he answered, then he pulled her hand and took her to his car.

As they were travelling back home, she was quiet in her seat.

Dylan noticed it. "What are you thinking?"

"What about Serena?" she asked without looking.

"I told you. She's just a friend." he answered.

"Your mom likes her." she said, pouting.

"Mom never agreed with aunt Ellie." he replied.

She looked at him.

"It's true. She actually likes you. I told her about us when we were in England, and she approved it." he told her.

Despite that, she could still feel she was an outcast with him. "I'm still not... confident to be your girlfriend." she said in a low voice.

Dylan remembered something. "There's a package for you. It came from Nora Gilberts." he told her.

She was surprised. "Really?"

"Yeah, and I'm sure you will change the way you look at yourself once you find out what's inside it." he asserted.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

At home, Dylan took Rose to his room and showed her the package. She opened it and saw old photos of her parents with her when she was a baby.

Among the papers, she also found some of her legal documents. Then, a long brown envelope caught her eyes. It had her name on it. She took it and read the letter inside it.

Dylan watched her as she was reading it. When she's done, she looked at him with her stoned face.

He smiled. "You're right. Your parents have a bank account with $182 Million deposit, and since you're their only child, that will make you the only deneficiary of that money including a big house in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn... That means you're not just an ordinary person, Rose." he told her, still smiling.

"Oh my god... What will I do with all that money?" she asked in an anxious tone.

He chuckled. "For many years, you worked hard to survive. Maybe this is God's prize for you... and don't say it's too much. You deserve every dime of that money." he told her. "Tomorrow, let's go to that bank. That money has been waiting for you for so long. Let's also visit your house. You should know where you came from." he said.

Rose looked back at the letter. "Okay" she answered softly.

*
*
*
To be continued....

Please don't forget to tap the STAR/VOTE icon after you read, might as well leave a COMMENT of your reactions, questions, suggestions, corrections, or compliments about this part of the story.

Thank you for reading!