xiaoven fic (angst)

original link is commented here 

"bloom in silence." by VVENVEN
type: heavy angst, hanahaki
description: loving you was the best decision i've made for myself.

How long has it been going on, Venti doesn't remember.

He remembered the time when he was singing in the tavern, voice echoing around as the patrons listened to his ballads. Of course, the song was about a certain crush. A crush that he will never admit. One of the patrons have mentioned that it sounded sorrowful, like a bird in a cage trying to be free.

Venti laughed, "In this free city, not everything you see is free." He ended with a wink and continued the song. The bar was quiet and the tune was resonating softly. After the song ended, there was an awkward silence. To ease the tension, Venti then questioned if they wanted to hear about the legends of Teyvat.

He would never mention how his chest was hurting, and his throat was clenching up in pain during the entire duration. It wasn't until the bar closed, that the bard ran out of the tavern in a hurry. Looking around, making sure that he wasn't seen by the public eyes, he ran outside of the city.

And then it happened.

Venti hunched over the lake and started to cough. He felt weird substances in his throat, and it was itching him really badly. The chest pains were there as well, but it wasn't as painful as before. It took Venti a few coughs for him to throw everything up into the lake. He huffed tiredly, wiping away his sweat and tears as he looked down towards the lake.

"...Huh?"

Petals. There were petals scattering around the lake.

His eyes widened in shock, unconsciously blowing away all the petals with his power. When Venti finally realized what he had done, he looked down at his hands and onto the lake that no longer had any flower petals on them. The wind blew softly around him as he stared at the empty lake. His tears flowed down his cheeks as he laughed to himself, his laughter lost in the wind.

Laying down on the ground tiredly, his eyes glanced towards a certain constellation. A frown appeared on his face as he tried to smile. He raised his hand to his face, forcing the edge of his lips to rise up. With a failed attempt to do so, the bard started to weep even more.

"Why... Out of everyone in Teyvat, why does it have to be you?"

-

He remembered the time where he was out walking with Aether. He was humming a tune that his old friend had taught him, as the traveler next to him suddenly waved towards a person and ran towards them. Through the edge of his eye, he could notice a faint green. Venti turned towards the figure, and he felt his chest tightening as his eyes widened.

Xiao was there, holding a glaze lily as he seemingly chose to ignore the calls.

But he couldn't ignore any further, especially not when Paimon floated next to him. She asked him if he wanted any almond tofu since Aether had some leftovers, and Venti could see the yaksha's eyes sparkle at the mention of his favorite dish. He chuckled to himself, skipping to the group.

"So, do you have any left for me?"

Venti said as he latched his arm around Xiao's neck, and he felt a burden dispersed within him as the other didn't push him away. Aether and Paimon just stared at him unanimously with a blank look, as the bard jumped off Xiao and mentioned how he could join the trio in their walk to Wangshu Inn, since it wasn't that far away from where they were. Aether agreed with him, and looked at Xiao with anticipation in his eyes.