Chapter 1: From the Beginning

Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every
society, in every family.

-Kofi Annan

I am not a legal professional, nor do I have a college degree in law. But, what I do have is common sense, and the ability to read and the understanding of what I read, keep an open mind about what I read and ask questions when questions need to be asked. Especially when I'm told something I'm hearing for the first time and I have no proof or facts to prove the information to be wrong, when this happens, I investigate and ask questions. This I find to be a missing trait of many people in this country today. Many years ago, a friend of mine gave me a DVD and told me to watch it, that It would be a shock to me for what was on it. So, I watched it and I was beyond shock. I was speechless, and had so many questions, where do I begin. This was a documentary on federal income taxes here in this country. After watching this documentary, I did not disbelieve this director, I did not call him unamerican, I did not turn off the TV in anger because of what he said and showed. NO, what I did was I kept an open mind. I then replayed this documentary and took notes, because I wanted to investigate what this director showed and prove him right or prove him wrong. This started my journey into knowledge and the truth.

For the next several years I embarked on an investigation campaign. I had many questions, and I wanted to ether prove this director right or prove him wrong ether way my interest in the subject matter of having to give employers or anyone my SSN or having to pay federal income taxes / social security & medicare taxes was raised and I wanted to know the truth. All my life I have been told that I "had" to give most everyone my SSN and I "had" to pay federal income taxes but when I look back at everyone that told me this none showed me a law stating this, that's what really got my interest up. I have never seen these laws that everyone says exist.

I will clearly delineate the law with regard to the Federally Issued Social Security Account Number (SSN), and my stance on my "Religious Objection" to having to use this SSN in employment. What my employer did was take, used, and gave out to third parties my SSN "and" withheld portions of my pay for the Social Security and Medicare tax (FICA). My employer falsely assuming I was one who had to pay into FICA tax without any proof of statute to show me that I did, or showing me their lawful authority to withhold this tax without my written voluntary consent. (Let me be clear here, my employer refuse to allow my Religious Freedom and then they started withholding the FICA tax from my pay without my consent. There are two issues here) They withheld certain amounts of my pay for this said income tax and all done without my written voluntary permission, this to me and according to the law as I will show, was illegal. Even without my having a Religious objection to giving my employer my SSN my employer had NO legal authority to withhold portions of my pay for FICA income tax. What's so interesting is I found that several Commissioners of the Internal Revenue Service, the FICA law it-self, the Constitution, the U.S. Supreme Court, and the IRS all stated participation / paying into the Social Security & Medicare income tax is VOLUNTARY!!!

Most people erroneously believe that every American is required to have a SSN. When I asked about this requirement, the Social Security Administration acknowledges this fact to me in a Freedom of Information Act Request I sent them as follows:

"The Social Security Act does not require a person to have a Social Security number (SSN) to live and work in the United States, nor does it require an SSN simply for the purpose of having one."

I also find that the only statute which authorizes the issuance of SSNs to classes of individuals is 42 U.S.C. §405(c)(2), which provides:

(B)(i) In carrying out the Commissioner's duties under subparagraph (A) and subparagraph (F), the Commissioner of Social Security shall take affirmative measures to assure that social security account numbers will, to the maximum extent practicable, be assigned to all members of appropriate groups or categories of individuals by assigning such numbers (or ascertaining that such numbers have already been assigned):