"I can't Sirius, I don't even know the Potters. And do you really think that James Potter, the school's Gryffindor golden boy, would let a slimey Slytherin enter his home? Let alone stay until school started again? Have you finally lost it?" Regulus asked mockingly, as if the mere idea was absurd, leaning stiffly against the doorframe, crossing his arms.

Sirius ignored the mocking tone of his brother, but he knew he was right. James would never let a Slytherin wander around freely in his home.

Sirius stayed silent.

Regulus scoffed, rolling his eyes "That's what I thought." He spat bitterly, his face contouring in anger at the prejudice, he should be used to by now, but it still affected him.

"Just go." Regulus said grimly, managing to keep the tremble out of his voice, his hands dropped to his sides as he moved away from the doorframe to give Sirius the space to walk out on him.

Sirius' Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed back his tears "Reg, please think about this-" he was cut of by Regulus' now slightly shaky voice.

"I said go!" Regulus exclaimed harshly in agitation, his hands curling into fists, to stop them from shaking, turning his knuckles white from trying to force down the growing emotions in him. "Didn't you want to leave? Go right ahead, the door's open." He stated coldly, his eyes even colder, as he started a breathing exercise to calm himself down, his fists eventually uncurling, as he shoved everything down. Again. He knew it was unhealthy, but he did what he had to do in order to avoid his demons.

Sirius hesitated, not wanting to leave his brother, but the scathing look on Regulus' face made him make up his mind.

So, he reluctantly closed his packed trunk and got out of the room, sent a sad look at his brother who was glaring at the floor, as if hoping to dig a hole in it, and swiftly went down the stairs, being quite to not alert his sad excuse of parents.

He slowly walked over to the front door and twisted the doorknob, and ran out dragging his trunk behind him. Sirius cursed under his breath, knowing the heavy trunk made a loud noise, and ran again.

By now, his parents had ran after him, his mother screaming at him to get back inside the house, and his father throwing dark spells and curses at him. Somehow, he had managed to dodge them all, and ran like his life depended on it, which it did.

When he ran far away enough, he dropped the trunk and putting his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath. He tried to process the crazy situation that just happened, before giving up. Run now, process later, Sirius thought to himself, as he transformed into his animagus, and carried his trunk in with his jaws, and went to the only place he knew he will be safe at. The Potters.

As for Regulus, as soon as he heard his parents screaming outside, he knew right then and there that Sirius was gone. For good. He stayed standing outside Sirius' room, stiff as a board, disbelieving of the predicament he has himself in.

He now knew that the family duties would fall onto his shoulders, now that Sirius isn't there to shield him from it. And the fact that he was truly and utterly alone in his so called home. His once strong and confident posture slumped into a tired one, as he slowly dragged himself to his room. When he was about to enter his room and wallow in his misery, he heard it for the first time.

The house was silent. Completely silent.

Regulus didn't know what to make of it, as he was so used to his mother's screeching, and his father's authoritive voice echoing through the house.

But, he just walked inside his room, closed the door, and slumped down tiredly on his bed, face up. He didn't know for how long he was staring at the ceiling when he felt tears trailing down the sides of his face.