Sirius Black scowled and shook his head, walking down the train and entering the designated marauder's compartment. After greeting the other three boys, they fell into easy conversation about nothing in particular. The three Gryffindor's were aware of Sirius' family situation, and could see a hint of bruising around his neck, but they all agreed silently to ask him about it later.

"Did you see the way Winchester and her family arrived at the platform today? Merlin, you could practically smell the god complex," said Peter

"Don't say that name," scowled Sirius "That cow practically barreled into me today as I was boarding the train and then had the audacity to call me stupid!"

"Cow huh?" mocked Remus, "That's a new one. And completely unfair."

"What?" yelled James "please don't tell me you're attracted to that prejudiced bitch!"

"I'm not, Prongs, relax. But even you two can't deny that she's beautiful, the rest of Hogwarts seems to agree on it."

On the other side of the train, a visibly annoyed Nephera Winchester entered the compartment to find Ellie Adams and Tony Spectre sitting there, chatting quietly amongst themselves.

"Nephera, I was wondering where you were-" started Tony but stopped when he saw her expression "What on earth has gotten you so angry?"

"Do you really have to ask?" teased Ellie "Only one person can make her so angry, and that's Sirius Black."

"Don't say that name," grumbled Nephera, taking out her flask and taking a sip of firewhiskey "That arsehole barreled into me in the corridor, knocked me on the floor, didn't even have the decency to apologize!"

"Here we go again," mumbled Tony "The Black Plague."

The nickname 'Black Plague' had been thought up by Ellie in third year and referred to Nephera's awfully long rants that she tended to go on whenever the Gryffindor made her angry.

"Oh shut up," snapped Nephera

"It's right, though, you never stop talking about him."

"The reason why I never stop talking about the bloody git, Ellie, is because he continued to breathe the same air as me. The second that stops, I'll be as calm as a bloody rock."

"Great, I can't wait to another year of trying to pull you away from hexing him," replied Ellie teasingly

The ride continued with the three of them talking about trivial topics, Ellie doing off at some point after she ate too many chocolate frogs. Nephera and Tony had engaged in a lively debate about the dark arts, which was another thing they shared in common. To both of them, there was no such thing as dark or light magic, only dark and light intentions. The so-called "dark magic" was powerful, and especially since there was a clear war brewing on the horizon, it was clear to the both of them that it could be used in the fight against Voldemort.

Their conversation was interrupted by a random second-year knocking and opening the door of the compartment.

"What?" asked Nephera, staring down at the boy with a dark look on her face

"I- umm, the Head Boy and the Head Girl asked for all the prefects to join the compartment," he stumbled over his words, afraid of the way the Slytherin was staring at him

"Are you incapable of speaking clearly? Merlin, I hate children," she asked

Tony intervened before the kid could start crying "Thank you, ignore her, she woke up on the wrong side of life."

The young boy nodded quickly and left to go back to his own compartment, as Tony woke up Ellie so that the three of them could head over to the prefect's compartment.