Chapter 2

Adora's Uber pulled up in front of her shared home and she thanked the driver. She got out of the car and closed the door, sighing to herself she took the steps to her front door. Opening the door, she was met with a dark house. It wasn't that late, so it was very unusual. The blonde walked further into the house and was met with a shocking image. Her wife was sitting at their dining room table with a featured robe and dinner set on the table.

" Adora! You're home!" The woman got out of the chair and ran excitedly to Adora. She got a few kisses on the cheeks and one on the lips. The blonde smiled a little at the gesture. Her hand was grabbed and she was pulled over to sit in the chair next to where her wife was sitting. The woman put her hands over Adora's in excitement.

" I missed you so much, babe. I just couldn't wait for you to come home, so I already made dinner and got ready." She said a proud look on her face.

Adora was confused, " What do you mean 'get ready'?" She looked down at her meal, it was grilled chicken with veggies. Her wife huffed and crossed her arms. "Uh, you can't tell that something is different?"

The blonde looked up from her plate and searched her wife's face. She had no idea. The woman next to her rolled her eyes and explained, "Babe, you are so oblivious sometimes. I'm dressed sexy. For you! I don't know.. I'm kind of insecure about us right now. I'm afraid there's someone else you have eyes for." her eyes were down in her lap and her hands were fiddling under the table.

There was a long silence after the admission, Adora didn't know what to say. Should she confess or wait it out?

She did what was best.

" What? That's crazy! Baby, I love you and I don't have eyes for anyone else, just you." she said, lying through her teeth. It seemed to work because her wife smiled and looked up at her, tears brimming in her eyes.

" Really?" she said.

Adora nodded and went over to hug Glimmer, she stroked her multicolored hair and soothed her crying.

When she was done calming her down, she sat back down at her seat and scarfed her food down. Not pausing to drink or breathe. Was it really that obvious Adora didn't love her back? Was she that distant?

She peered at Glimmer from her peripheral and saw her resting her cheek in her hand and smiling to herself. the purple and pink-haired girl caught her looking and grinned at her.

She couldn't know. It would crush her. But a little fun couldn't hurt.

" Yeah, that was a close one," a laugh. Adora heard Glimmer talking on the phone outside of their bedroom door. She decided to figure out what was the matter when she realized Glimmer was entitled to her privacy and she was probably talking about how much of a terrible wife she was.

She got back into the bed and covered herself in the blankets. Her side was facing a window and she took the time to look out of it. It had been hours, and she still had Catrina on her mind. In her and her wife's bed of all things.

It was so different. She hadn't been with another woman in years and that was just the thing to set her off. The clothes, the smells, the touch. All of it had Adora clenching her knees under the covers. She couldn't stay away, Catrina was a drug, and Adora was addicted. Not even the sight of her wife crying over being tossed aside could deter her from the thoughts of the dancer.

She felt the bed dip behind her and felt Glimmer getting settled under the blankets. She tossed and turned for a minute, then she was out. But, Adora couldn't sleep, her mind was too occupied.

How long could she keep this up before Glimmer found out? Could they still be friends if she was ever found out? Adora closed her eyes tightly and ran a hand through her hair. This was a mess that she caused because she didn't love her own wife and decided to purposefully cheat on her. Then she came home and lied to her face.