Fucking Losers

Start bij het begin

"Are you guys okay?"

Another boy stood up and said to him, "We saw you running inside." He looked up through the glass. "It was those men right?"

Sander took a long breath to steady himself.

"Yes, they were saying stuff and chasing us."

A short hair girl was still crouching in front of Robbe, looking at him worriedly. He looked up to Sander, "He looks bad."

Sander said to her, "Could you maybe get a glass of water? Thank you so much."

The girl got up and went to the bar.

Sander crouched in front of Robbe. He touched his arm as gentle as possible, "Robbe.."

Robbe looked up, his face was so pale. He opened his mouth but he closed it again.

"It's okay, let sit over there." Sander took his arm and help him rose from the floor, he slowly guided him to a nearby empty table. He sat beside him, rubbing his cold hand gently and watching him. There was a cut above his right eyes, just under his eyebrow. It didn't look deep but Sander heart broke at the sight of it.

The girl had come back and put two glasses of water on the table.

"Thank you," Sander gave her a smile. The two boys were still lingering near them, but giving them some space.

"Drink some water Robbe." Sander pushed the glass slowly into his hand. Robbe quietly drank the water, his hand was shaking.

"It's smart of you to come inside. They wouldn't dare if there were witnesses," One of the boy was saying, he had dark hair and wearing spectacles.

"Those fucking assholes!" The boy with dark eyes next to him cursed.

They somehow seemed to grasp more or less of the situation. Sander didn't feel like explaining even if they didn't.

The girl looked worriedly at them, especially to Robbe. She said, "Is he gonna be okay?"

I don't know. Sander looked at them one by one, "It's okay, thank you all. We just need some time. Thank you again." He smiled to them. They seemed to understand, they nodded and smiled back. They walked away, glanced back a couple of times.

Sander looked back at Robbe. This is all my fault. It was so close. It could have been so much worse. So much. I should have known better, shouldn't have let my impulsiveness taking control of me. It's all my fault.

Robbe face was gaining color, his hands had stop shaking and he was taking deep breaths to calm himself. Sander watched him and can not find a word to say.

"Better?" he asked him gently.

Robbe nodded. He pushed the other glass to Sander. Sander swallowed it down and put the empty glass back on the table. Robbe looked up and they stared at each other. Sander grabbed some tissue and started dabbing on the cut above Robbe's eyes. There were small bits of glass glued on the blood. It was so close to his eyes. Sander felt like crying.

Robbe flinched and took the paper from him. He said unexpectantly, "I am not that fragile you know."

Sander looked at him quietly, "What did I do?"