Obsession?

Sander has been skecthing random stuff, half listening to the professor's voice droning on, in front of the white board. They are studying art history, the last class today. He hates history, and he's so sleepy and tired. He didn't sleep much last night. He kept seeing Robbe in his mind. He has looked him up from the vlog Britt mentioned, and caught glimpses of his face in the videos, he has heard his laughs. It's driving him mad. The bell rings. Finally! He looks down to collect his books and freezes. It is only a sketch of half part of a face. But it's Robbe's face. He laughs half madly to himself. This is getting ridiculous. It doesn't make any sense, he doesn't even know him.

He is halfway home, riding his bike, when a thought occurs. Maybe, if I see him again, just for a second, I don't have to talk or anything, maybe then these feeling will subside a bit. Yes, that's a good idea. He knows from the vlog, that they make a lot of videos in the skatepark, so they probably hang out there often. He turns his bike around, and heading there. After more than half hour hanging around looking at people skating, he still hasn't seen them. He feels disappointed but also relieved. He is about to head out, when he sees the boy. He is walking with his friends. He's wearing the same brown jacket that he saw him in for the first time, headphones hanging around his neck. Sander put his jacket hood up and casually walks across them. Robbe is smiling on something his friends say and he has to stop himself from smiling back like an idiot. This is the first time he sees him clearly. He is even better looking in daylight with his wavy brown hair, his smooth fair skin looks as warm as the sun tinted sand on an afternoon beach. He is still staring at him when he realises that Robbe has noticed him. He steals a glance back, and sees Robbie has turned his head towards him. Sander quickly looks away, his heart starts beating again. He feels strangely warm inside.

*

Sander is finishing his homework that evening, humming softly to Life on Mars that is playing from the speaker in his bedroom, when his mobile chimes continously. Damn, he forgot to mute his phone again. He is so easily distracted, that he has to turn off all notifications if he wants to get anything done. It's messages from Britt. He skims through the text.
Weekend...seaside...barbeque...school...friends..Noor. Wait, she's going with Noor. Does that means Robbe is going too? Sander texts back asking who the friends are.

Zoe and the girls, the boys from broers

Robbe is going. This is a bad idea. Sander texts back, do you want me to come?

hemm, you don't know anyone, just Noor.. it will be awkward
you sure babe?

Sander frowns. You don't want me to come? why?

No babe.. I just don't want you to feel weird
anyway they are just bunch of kids from school

He is so confused right now. Why is she even telling him then? Come to think about it, he never actually meet her friends, she just talks about them. She never ask him to hang out with them. It's like she is afraid he will do something weird, like he will embarrass her or something. That's it. He writes back, are you ashamed of me?

Don't be stupid Sander
didn't you say you have homework?

Whatever. I am not going to beg her. He thinks back to Robbe. How he did feel better after seeing him yesterday. Maybe I can be his friend. Nothing is wrong with that right? He types, babe.. won't it be romantic? us together, a weekend at seaside.. don't you miss me? but it's okay if you don't want to see me. I am sorry if I am such embarrassment..

He waits impatiently, tapping his fingers on the desk. He taps quickly when her text comes.

oh babe, you are so sweet..
of course you can come
I miss you too..
pick me up on saturday's morning
X

YES! He is meeting Robbe! His chest is beating like crazy again. He takes a deep breath and repeating just friends just friends for ten times to himself. It's stupid, he has a girlfriend, there is nothing to worry about, of course nothing else will come of it. Still, he can't help himself, his mind is already full with what he can say to him, witty jokes. One thing for sure, he has to be normal. He can't freak him out. Yes, just say normal stuffs. He can be normal, he does normal all the time when he is with Britt. Chuckling happily, he mutes his phone and go back to his homework.