Entry #103

AKO 'YUNG SUMUGAL PERO IBA ANG NANALO

by Shamantha Wrights

It was 7 o'clock in the morning when I was awakened by a sudden noise coming from the kitchen. Yawning, I stepped out of the room. As I opened the door, the savory aroma of eggs, hotdogs and fried rice filled my nostrils, making my stomach grumbled in hunger.

I slowly gazed at the kitchen and a smile crept into my lips as I saw Shamantha, my future wife preparing for our breakfast. How sweet.

We've been living together in one roof for over a year already and tomorrow is our 5th Anniversary as a couple. I'm an engineer while she is a teacher. Nakilala ko siya during our college years, I was mesmerized by her beauty in and out. She captured my heart kaya niligawan ko 'agad siya. Luckily, sinagot niya rin naman ako kaagad.

Truth to be told, ulilang lubos na siya ngunit bago pa man mawala ang mga magulang niya, ipinangako kong aalagaan ko ang kaisa-isang anak nila.

Within the years of being with Shamantha, our relationship went well, nag-aaway rin naman kami paminsan-minsan pero bilang lalaki, I always swallow my pride, making our love for each other even stronger.

I cupped her cheeks, "Good Morning my universe."

"Good Morning spoiled brat!" sagot niya na ikinatawa naming pareho.

Since the day that I met her, she never changed. Siya pa rin 'yung babaeng nagpapakilig sa 'kin, cheesy but true, kinikilig talaga ako sa simple efforts na ginagawa niya like this one. She used to cook for our breakfast when in fact, ako dapat ang gumagawa no'n para sa kan'ya.

In the midst of eating, tumingin siya sa 'kin at ngumiti. My heart goes wild again. She looks prettier when she eats but prettiest when she smiles.

"Hey beautiful." I said, breaking the silence.

She giggled, "Bakit?"

"It's our 5th Anniversary tomorrow, do you have some plans?" tanong ko at umiling lang siya.

My forehead creased. "Why?"

"Spending the day with you here is more than enough." she worded, giving me satisfaction.

Damn, napakas'werte ko talaga sa prinsesa ko. Nakakabaklang sabihin pero sobrang kinikilig talaga ako ngayon. This woman really deserves everything that the world may offer her kaya hindi ako makakapayag na palagpasin lang ang 5th Anniversary namin.

Kinabukasan, I roamed my eyes around the venue; the banners, balloons, flowers, ring and even her favorite foods are now ready. Ang prinsesa ko na lang talaga ang kulang.

Mamayang gabi mismo ay aayain ko na siyang magpakasal. I want to marry her and settle down for good. I can't wait to build my future with Shamantha and to our soon to be kids.

I came back to my proper senses as I saw her wearing the red fitted dress I bought her. It left my mouth parted. She's indeed beautiful.

"Bakit mo ba kasi ipinasuot sa 'kin 'to? Where are we going?" she asked, pouting.

I grinned. "It's a secret, just come with me."

She poked me and laughed, "You are really full of surprises, Vince."

"The venue is quite far so let's go Shamantha?" I asked, offering my hand.

She stared at it for a few seconds kaya ako na mismo ang umabot sa kamay niya at hinalikan 'yon. I let out a chuckle as I witnessed her blushing face.