19. The Aftermath of Hero Killer

"Did you guys sleep at all?" Todoroki asked as we lay in hospital beds, bandages covering our wounds.

"No, not really." Izuku said as I shook my head.

"I figured, me either." Shoto said

"Thinking about that fight now, we did something pretty amazing" I said as I let my feet dangle off the edge of the bed.

"Yeah, we did."

"After everything that happened, kinda feels like a miracle that we are even alive." Izuku said as he looked at his leg. "With my leg messed up, I was an easy target, probably could of killed me if he really wanted too."

"Yeah, seems to me like he let us live on purpose. I'm impressed by you actually Iida, he was trying to murder you, but you stood tall." Shoto looked to Iida.

"Thats not true, I was-" Iida was about to say something but the door opened.

"Oh, so the injured young ones are awake." The Old man said.

"Gran Tourio!" Izuku said happy he was here.

"And Mizushima." Iida said

"You idiot! I could yell at you for hours now." The old man said walking up to Izuku

"Yeah, I'm sorry." Izuku apologised.

"But before I do, you got a visitor." Gran Tourio turned his head as so did I, a man with a dog face, no a dog-man in a suit walked through the door. "This is Hosu's chief of police, Surogami."

"So your the UA students who brought down the Hero Killer, huh?" Surogami said.

"We are." Shoto approved.

"Stain, has some serious injuries. Severe burns and several broken bones, right now he is in the hospital under serious guard, woof." Surogami said, looking at each of us and our wounds. "There is a lesson each of you should have learned,  in Hosu, we decided we wouldn't use quirks as a weapon, but when heros came in, they could do what we couldn't. Your quirks have a dangerous use to it, it's why its against the law for random people to use their quirks to cause injuries. The four of you did not have any registration to use them even if you were up against the Hero Killer. Your supervisors, Endeavour, Mizushima and Gran Tourio are sure to receive harsh punishments for your use of powers."

"Now wait a minute. If Iida hadn't of stepped in native would have been murdered and if not for Izuku, both of them would be dead. If Ari wasn't there I would be dead." Shoto started to get angry as he stood up for us. "No one else even knew the Hero Killer was in Hosu are you saying we should of just stood by and watch people die."

"Calm down Todoroki!" Izuku tried to calm him down, I bite my lip from the tension.

"So it's okay to break the law as long as it goes your own way?" Serogami said

"But sir, isn't it a Hero's job to save people!" Shoto almost yelled.

"This is why your not a pro hero yet, its clear that UA and Endeavour haven't been teaching you right, what a shame." Serogami said, making Todoroki mad.

"You damn mutt!" Todoroki walked towards him.

"Todoroki! Listen he's right!" Iida tried to stop him.

I moved in front of Todoroki and put my hand on his chest to stop him. Gran Tourio also stepped in.

"Stop there kid, you'll want to hear about to the end."

"The official stance to the police department should punish you, but only if this went public. If it did you would probably be cornered by citizens everywhere. But there is no way you could of escape beginning rubber banned, on the other hand we could say Endeavour saved the day, the reporters would keep the story and we could say you weren't involved, woof. Thankfully, there weren't many witnesses. It would mean no one would know about you through, you would receive no claim at all. The choice is yours, personally I know where I stand, I don't want to damaged any young careers." Serogami explained.

We all accepted it and apologised, the chief of police thanked us. It was good to know that least one person would, all the fame and glory would go to Endeavour, he probably couldn't wait

After all that, Izuku went out to call Uraraka. I was going to annoy him forever. When Izuku left the other door opened, a doctor came in with a stern face and handed Iida a paper.

Iida looked through it, his face became more sad as he looked at it, i placed the paper next to him and put his head on his hands.

"I got my test results back." He chocked out. "There not good."

Within that moment Izuku walked in the door, he was grinning like mad. Talk about smiling at the wrong moment. He bragged about talking with Uraraka. Iida told him about the test results and Izuku's face fell.

"Both my arms are torn up, but the injury to my left arm is especially severe." Iida said rubbing his arm. "The damage was to my radial plexus, which just mean, I might have trouble moving my fingers and my hand might have some numbness, apparently it could be healed with nerve transplant surgery. When I came across the Hero Killer, I stopped thinking rationally, the first thing I should have done was someone, but I got lost in my own anger."

There was some silence, Iida was thinking about something and no one had the right words to say anything.

"That's why, until I am able to call myself a real hero, I'll leave my left hand as it is." Iida said.

We all looked at him in shock, he couldn't do that. The hero killer got in his head, he got under his skin. We were first years not full on pro heros. We had to learn.

"Are you sure?"

"Iida I feel the same way." Izuku said making his crippled hand into a fist. "Let's do this together."

I caught Todoroki's face, he looked regretful and sorry.

"I feel kind of bad." He said slowly

"About what?" Izuku and Iida looked at him in surprise. 

"Whenever I'm involved, someone's hand gets messed up. It's something wrong with me." Shoto said looking at his hand. "Am I cursed?"

Iida, Izuku and I all started to laugh. 

"Todoroki! I didn't know you had a sense of humor!" Izuku laughed out.

"This isn't a joke, I'm like the hand crusher or something." Shoto said, only making us laugh even more.

"You don't see my hand messed up, do you?" I laugh

"Well you can't paint your nail right." Izuku said

"Say that again and you'll only have one hand." I said pointing my finger at him

Iida was cracking up, Izuku looked a little scared and let out a nervous laugh and Todoroki had a quiet giggle.