𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

Start from the beginning

"He was a climber"

"Maybe he's looking to get promoted" Erin suggests.

"He's the best of a lot of bad options" Jay says.

"What do we have on him now?" Voight asks, taking the picture from Dawson.

"PO's got an address that's a year old"

Hank points at Jay and slams Ernesto's picture onto the whiteboard.

🪩🪩🪩

"I don't know how Antonio's handling all of this. If I had a kid snatched up, I would be incoherent." Maxine says, driving down the streets of Chicago with her partner Jay in the passenger seat, "I used to think that cops under Voight were invincible. And then Jules died. I was holding her hand in the ambulance. As a soldier, how did you deal with it?"

"Generally, take it out on those who don't deserve it" Jay says.

Maxine sighs, "Yeah"

~~~

"There's our boy" Voight says, through his walkie, as the team has been waiting for Ernesto Milpas to show up at his last known address, "everybody! Go, go!"

Maxine and Jay get out of their car, with their guns drawn, and race towards the back entrance of the building. As the two detectives enter the building, Jay motions for his partner to go right as he goes left.

Maxine slowly walks through the warehouse, when out of nowhere the suspect hits her with something metal, making the detective fall to the ground in pain, and he starts running away.

Maxine groans, then sits up taking out her walkie and says, "suspect is on foot out the southwest side of the warehouse" then she holds her nose and looks up at the ceiling, feeling a nosebleed coming on.

~~~

The team is standing on the sidewalk on the bridge next to the warehouse, where Maxine has a tissue in her nose, trying to stop the bleeding, when Voight walks over to her and says, "Hey. You okay, kid?"

"Yeah. Just a nosebleed. I'm an idiot, but I'm fine" Maxine answers.

"Hey. It wasn't your fault, trust me"

"No sign of Diego, or that he was ever here" Dawson yells walking over to the team, then walks towards Ruzek, "we had him! What the hell was that?!"

"Hey, I made a move!" Ruzek yells. Voight tries to keep Antonio back, while Maxine tries to keep Adam back and says, "take it easy"

"Yeah, a stupid one!" Antonio yells.

"Take it easy!"

"And let's not forget who let herself get jumped!"

Maxine scoffs, "hey. I—" and Hank puts his hand up for her to stop talking.

"Detective Dawson, this is Burgess. You're gonna wanna see this" Kim says over the walkie.

Antonio, Hank, Jay, Maxine, Mickey and Erin run towards the warehouse and down the stairs to the basement where Sheldon is and Dawson says, "please tell me you have something"