❝O-Of course, it's my duty to attend to your every need.❞

She shook her head as the baby garbled a bit, the child's eyes slowly falling shut once more. It was almost as if she understood she was finally in the loving embrace of her mother who would protect her no matter what. ❝No, Latimer, it's your duty to command this ship, which you can't do on no sleep. I insist you get some rest, really.❞

Captain Latimer didn't want to argue. Not when he felt the bags under his eyes weighing him down. So he simply nodded, stepping forward to tuck her and her child in once more before making his way towards the door.

His pause caught her attention once more. ❝May I ask what you plan to name her?❞

Ragnarok smiled once more, and this time it was one for anyone to see. She had had her second born's name planned for quite some time with the help of her husband. And though her heart ached so harshly for Eret to be by her side in this moment, to comfort her and meet his daughter, she knew that was a privilege she had given up to know of her past.

She knew that Latimer would step in Eret's place, his undying loyalty for her only growing stronger as the nights passed. So she happily indulged the information with him.

❝Eriam. Her name's Eriam.❞

PART 1B.
IN AND OUT.

Three months. It had been three hard, long months upon Captain Latimer's ship. Two of those Ragnarok had been pregnant; constantly seasick and hungry as she supported the life of herself and her beloved child. The third month was not any easier. Nights were full of cries from Eriam, a baby that had been born in the middle of nowhere, out of reach from the gracious touch of any gods. Born in the void, knowing no home. It wasn't any better on Ragnarok. She felt almost lost without her husband, her chief, or her best friend.

There were bright sides though. Captain Latimer was there whenever she called, whenever the baby cried. The constant moving of the ship easily rocked Eriam asleep most times, allowing her mother to conserve some extra energy. Ragnarok could watch the sunset with no obstructions. A sunset that was all hers.

And when the sun inevitably did go down, she still had the light that was Eriam.

Any day now. Any day now and they would be upon their destination, and apparently that day was today.

Luellaaaa,❞ Captain Latimer's soft hum came from the cracked door. Ragnarok blinked in surprise, not expecting the sudden outside contact after having cooped herself up inside her room all morning. She noted the way only his arm poked through the crack, smiling softly. Latimer had become her closest confidante during these times, and yet he remained as respectful has he had from day one.

❝Yes, Latimer, come in.❞ He did so with no hesitation, shutting the door behind him for privacy before approaching the two Berkians sitting on the rickety bed. Ragnarok only smiled as he reached forward to stroke Eriam's sleeping head. ❝Is it lunch time already, because I'm really not in the mood for fish. Again.❞

❝Actually, I've come with great news!❞ Latimer informed, suddenly seeming giddy. As if he were the child aboard the ship. ❝You'll be able to taste any cuisine you want as soon as we land at the docks.❞

❝Docks?❞ Ragnarok gasped. She knew what that meant, and even if the idea itself was frightening she was just ready to get away from any bodies of water.