Daddy cool

November 3rd 1982

It was Sirius' birthday today and Remus wanted to make the best of it so they could make up for all the lost ones.

He had gotten out of bed at 8 am and he had prepared a glorious breakfast for all of them including juice, pancakes ,eggs and bacon ,coffee and waffles.

At 9 am after Harry had woken up- and he had strictly instructed him to be very quiet- they went to the pastry shop and bought the chocolate birthday cake he had ordered for Sirius.

At around 10.30 am when he had  practiced with Harry at least a million times how to " sing happy birthday to dear Padfoot" as he called it, he put Harry to his chair placed the whole breakfast including the cake to the table and went to wake up Sirius.

Was Remus exhausted and it was only 11a.m?Yes.

Did he believe it was worth it? Definitely.

He woke him up with a kiss on his cheek after moving away all his hair that was covering his face from sleep.

"Wake up baby" Remus whispered stroking his hair

Sirius groaned."What time is it?" He mumbled still half asleep

"11a.m"

Sirius shot up from the bed
"What?Why didn't you wake me up earlier ?"

"It's a special day" Remus smiled.

He dragged Sirius out of bed and after finally persuading  him he covered his eyes with his hands and guided him to the kitchen.

As Soon as he saw the look in Sirius eyes when he saw the kitchen a deep joy filled him.

His eyes lit up and a big genuine smile broke on his face.He kissed Remus and ran to Harry giving him kisses all over the face.

"You shouldn't have done this!"

"I shouldn't have left Harry alone with the cake as you can see" remus said eyeing the half eaten toppings of the cake.

"But the rest are bare necessities."

"Remus-"

"Wait there is more!Come on Harry show him what you learnt" Remus said lighting up the candles with a snap of his fingers.

Sirius stared with his mouth slightly agape as the 2 year old sang with Remus the birthday song , the toddler's eyes never leaving the cake.

The song ended with Harry clapping his hands and shouting

"Ha-y bith-ay At-oot!"

"Make a wish !" Remus said enthusiastically.

Sirius closed his eyes and blew on the candles.

"I won't tell you what I wished for it won't cone true" sirius said to both of them chuckling.

Harry and Remus then guided Sirius to the living room where they sat on the couch and presented him his presents.

"Alright so this is from Harry" Remus said as the toddler handed Sirius a box that were ugly wrapped.

The birthday boy smiled and opened them quickly tearing the wrapping.

"Wow for me?" Sirius said as he looked inside the first box.

He took the black dog toy from the box and hugged it to his chest.

"This is from the both of us " he continued handing him another packet while Harry looked at him obviously overstimulated.

Sirius smiled when he saw a leather jacket inside exactly the type he wanted with a dozen pins on it.