Chapter 24: Rose Hathaway's 18th Birthday!

On the day of her 18th Birthday, she woke up and suffered though a bad bout of morning sickness with Dimitri by her side holding her hair and comforting her.

Instead of training, he took her out for a walk as she’s still feeling nauseous. 

He walked her back to her dorm and she showered and dressed in nice casual outfit. She got on iPad and saw there’s an email from Janine wishing her a happy birthday and hope she’ll have a great one.

Rose smiled at the message and left her room on a happy note.

Classes went on as usual as her classmates and teachers wished her a Happy Birthday. Guardians would stop her and wish her a good birthday.

During the time where she was supposed to be in Combat class, Alberta brought Mia in her office and both girls were so excited to see each other again. They jumped into each other’s arms. Mia said “Happy Birthday, Rose! I’m sorry I cannot stay long.” Rose said “that’s alright, Mia, thanks again for coming!” Alberta took both girls to Guardian meal room so they’d have something to eat and converse in privacy.

Rose asked Mia “how have you has been?”

Mia said “she has been good. I’m busy practicing offensive and defensive magic in secret. She slyly smiled at Rose and whispered “I have managed to get some Guardians to teach me some fighting moves.”

Rose said “whoa! Glad you’re learning ways of fighting. It’ll come in handy someday, trust me. If you need me to teach you someday, I’d be happy to. Are you coming back to St. Vlad’s?”

Mia smiled warmly at Rose and said “glad you approve. Thanks for the offer; I might take you upon it someday. No, I doubt I will enroll back at St. Vlad’s again. I am thinking of going to a new Academy but only if they will let me learn combat and self defense.”

Alberta overhearing that part chimed in “Mia, St Basil is the only Academy that will teach Moroi combat and self defense. However, the school is based in Siberia.”

A stunned Mia gaped at Alberta and said “Guardian Petrov that is what I needed to know! I’ll speak with dad and convince him to let me enroll in St Basil. Thanks so much for imparting this information.”

Alberta smiled and said “you’re welcome, Mia. If you and your dad approves, I could have you enrolled there before the week is out only if you like. If you decide to go to St Basil, you’d have to start next week.”

Mia excused herself for few minutes and took out her cellphone and rang her father. The conversation was intense by the look of it.

Alberta used that moment to inform Rose that “you and Eddie are now officially enrolled into St Basil.” She had faxed all the documents.

She said “Janine found me yesterday and informed me that she knew you’re transferring to St Basil, and she accepted your decision. I take it that she doesn’t know you’re not becoming a Guardian?”

“Awesome that we’re now enrolled into St Basil. That’s great mom accepted my decision. Nope, she doesn’t know and she will flip her lid at the graduation. Oh joy, something to look forward to.” replied Rose

Mia hung up the phone and went to join the Alberta and Rose. She said “dad has agreed to send me to St Basil. He doesn’t like the distance but he wants the best for me and most importantly, he wants me to be happy. Please, Guardian Petrov, will you get started on enrollment?”

Alberta stood up and said “Mia, I’ll get started on it immediately. Please excuse me. Remember you have two hours left, ladies” Exiting the room.