This is our life now

Michael's P.O.V

I woke up to soft crying, when I looked in the crib I saw my baby girl was awake I knew she was hungry. It was like clock work, twelve a.m. she would wake for a feeding, at four in the morning she would cry to be changed. I picked her up and held her close to my chest, I reached for the bottle that I had prepared a few hours ago, I started feeding her while I rocked from side to side. She was only a week old and already I revolved around her little world, every sound she made I was at her side. I sang for three hours a day just so she would sleep, I made funny faces for an hour just to see her laugh, I stayed up all night just to make sure I was there when she woke up. I love this little girl with my whole heart and I would die for her, I didn't care that I was a sixteen year old dad, I couldn't be more thankful for the little girl in my arms.

Once Annarchi was done with her bottle I placed her on my shoulder and patted her back, she burped leaving a little bit of spit on the blanket that I had over my shoulder. I cradled her in my arms and tossed the blanket aside, I sat in the rocking chair next to the crib and rocked slightly. She made fussing sounds as she reached her hands out for me, I placed my hand on her tiny body letting her grip it tight. I rocked her and started to sing softly, when she was born I wrote her a song that I used to lull her to sleep, she seemed to like it.

They said you have me wrapped around your finger like the ribbons that you wear in your hair.

Maybe 'cause when I see your little fingers holdin' onto mine I don't have a care.

You've got me buyin' you bows and dresses. Oh, what a beautiful mess that this is.

I think I'm in love.

She's not even two feet, eyes blue and green.

I just can't get enough.

She got my heels over my head or better yet, she got me movin' to the beat of her drum.

And if love were time, I would spend all mine just livin' inside her world 'cause she's daddy's baby girl.

They warned that you'd demand all my attention, not to mention you're my very first child.

It's true I'm spending nearly half an hour making faces just to get you to smile.

You've got me doing these silly little dance moves, I hope this don't make it onto youtube.

Soon she'll crawl, then walk, then talk, she's here for a while.

Then sweet sixteen, and like a dream, she's down the aisle.

I believe I'm in love.

She's not even two feet, eyes blue and green.

I just can't get enough.

She got my heels over my head Or better yet, she got me movin' to the beat of her drum.                                                                                                                     

And if love were time, I would spend all mine.