Baby bumping for me

Week 22 Mikaela's P.O.V

I was laying back on the bed in the doctor's office, cold jelly was being poured on my belly, making me hiss at the feeling. Dr.Azul placed the wand on my belly and started moving it around. A minute later she found the baby, now it looks like a real baby. Mike got up and stared at the screen, trying to find out if it was a boy or girl. "Well doc, what's the gender?" He was so impatient, but part of me was glad he asked, I couldn't tell what it was either. "Well Michael, I can say with a strong belief that the baby is a girl." Mike cheered and fist pumped the air. "Yes!! I get my princess, my little punk rocker. Oh my god I get to buy that one piece that says 'Rocker Chick'." I smiled at his outburst and asked the doctor for two pictures, she nodded and wrote down some stuff then printed out the picture, ending my visit.

"Can you believe it, she's a girl, I get my little girl." I smiled as we walked to his mum's car, she drove us here but stayed outside where she talked with a friend of her's. I placed a hand over my stomach, rubbing my bump as I felt the baby move. "Oh baby girl I'm gonna spoil you, and love you and and I don't even know." I stopped walking as I felt a small nudge on my hand, it got stronger as Mike talked to the baby. "Mike, oh my god Mike c'mere!" He stopped andd looked at me worriedly, I grabbed his hand and put it on the left side of my bump. "Talk to her again." He knelt down to my belly and started talking. "Hey there baby girl, it's daddy, what are you doing in there? You practicing for a future football career? Holy fuck, did she?" I nodded as we both felt her kick at his hand, he smiled big and kissed the same spot she kicked at. Telling her he loved her, making her kick twice.

He jumped up and ran to his mum, tapping her shoulder repeatedly to get her attention. "Mum my baby is gonna be a footballer, I felt her kick! Oh it's a girl, mum a girl, a little tiny baby girl!!" He was rambling about everything that just happened and how his baby girl would go on to repersent OZ in the world cup. I smiled happily for him, he has been a bit down since we broke up. No one knows that we aren't together, except for our parents, the girls still think we are

together. We agreed to wait till the baby is here to tell them, till then its our own business.

"Ok Mike so now that we know what the baby is let's go and buy some girly things." He nodded and pleaded with his mum to take us to the mall where he can buy some awesome things. She nodded and said she wants to shop for her grandaughter too. I smiled and got in the back seat with Mike, he kept his hand on my bump, talking to the baby as she kicked away at his words. I've never seen Mike so happy, I swear his smile was permently stuck on his face.

~*~

"Mike when you said you were gonna get a few things, I thought you meant like three or four not the whole damn store!" I looked at the twenty six bags that Mike carried into the nursery he spent two weeks cleaning out. He laid them on the floor in the corner, looking up as his dad carried a big box into the room. "Ok now you get to set this lovely crib up on your own, Mikaela I'll drive you home." I nodded and waved bye to Mike. He waved at me brifely as he started taking the crib out of its box.

When Mrs.Clifford dropped me off I walked to the backyard of my house, sitting on the porch swing, I started thinking about the baby. A few weeks ago I was thinking about keeping the baby, then my step mom told me I would need to give up my college fund to pay for it. That got me thinking about trying to find a better job, and saving for her to go to college, then I couldn't do it. It sounds selfish but I don't want to fuck her life up just cause I wasn't prepared to have her. Michael is ready, though he is young, he is ready for her. He has amazing parents that are going to help him, and he already loves her to death. He even picked her name, I've never met anyone with that name, so I know she will be one of a kind. Just like he is.