[14] - 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦

Start from the beginning

"Chicago. The city is doing something for Y/N."

Wanda and Sam heard about how Specter protected Chicago during the five years prior to the Blip. Upon hearing of his passing, the city wanted to honor their late hero. Wanda was going to attend.

"I'll come with." Sam said, which brought a smile to her face.

• • •

A STATUE WAS ERECTED in Millennium Park of Specter's likeness. A plaque containing his name and history was at the base of it.

The mayor walked up onto the platform near the statue and towards the podium. Wanda was joined by Sam, Bucky, and Rhodey, who all stood on the side wearing plainclothes to not draw attention.

"There are many icons that have made an impact in this city." The mayor began, "From Harrison Ford, to Michael Jordan, to Oprah Winfrey...but none compare to the man that we're remembering today."

The politician extended their arm towards the statue, "Y/N L/N understood selflessness and heroism at a young age. From the military to the Avengers, he fought the good fight."

He sighed, "And when all seemed lost, he still took it upon himself to help those that remained. He was a symbol of hope, a beacon of light in the darkness. Like his close friend, Tony Stark, he gave his life to save all of us."

Wanda looked down and Rhodey put an arm around her.

"The city's name will be synonymous with his. And this monument will be a remembrance to his heroism and sacrifice." The mayor said, "Now we ask ourselves...how can continue his mission of selflessness and make our community better?"

The crowd began to applaud. Wanda was still grieving, but the sight of Y/N being loved and appreciated brought a smile to her face. The three men beside her also felt good to see their friend being remembered in this way.

The mayor gave his last statement, "The beacon of our city, Y/N L/N. The Specter."

• • •

WANDA TURNED THE KNOB and entered the dimly lit apartment, the sun coming through the slit of the curtains in the living room.

It was Y/N's apartment. She decided to stop by after saying goodbye to Sam, Bucky, and Rhodey. Sam offered to stay with her longer, but the witch wanted time to herself. He obliged and let her go to the apartment alone.

She entered his room, seeing the bed he'd lay on and the maroon covers he had. It reminded Wanda of her comforter back at the now-destroyed Avengers facility, with the same color of blankets and pillows she would have. Unbeknownst to her, Y/N did that on purpose. Having a similar style of bed to Wanda's made sleeping a better task for him, it took him back to the times where he'd lay with her at the compound.

Wanda walked over to the dresser and saw the framed photo of her and Y/N at Central Park. Her heart started to ache as she remembered that time. She realized that day that her feelings for him wasn't simply a crush, but more than that. She loved him.

Beside the frame was an envelope, and her brow raised as she picked it up. She opened it, taking out the folded sheet of paper and looking at its contents.

To grow old in.

Those were the first words that caught her eye. A heart was drawn around them in red marker...with Y/N's initials.

She examined the form even more, realizing that it was a property deed for land in New Jersey. It was filled out with both his and her name on it, including a extra line with Vision's.

She started to cry. She never knew about this. If Y/N was still alive he would've shown her this, and they would've lived together in the very town they chose for them.

They could've been together as a family.

But she was alone now.

No Vision.

No Y/N.

With everybody going their separate ways after the battle, and the Avengers currently disbanded and inactive, what was next for her?

She held the deed for a moment, then placed it back into the envelope before putting it in her bag. She took the photo out of the frame as well, keeping it with her. She walked out of the room then out of the apartment, leaving the building and stepping onto the sidewalk.

She put on her hood as she moved towards her car, entering it and placing her bag on the passengers' seat. She sighed as she inserted the key and started the engine.

Wanda knew where she was going. She wanted to see it for herself, the place Y/N wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. It was one of the only pieces left of him.

She drove away from the apartment and down the road, before making a left and entering the highway.

Her destination: Westview, New Jersey.

• • •

This marks the end of Book 3! It should come as no surprise, but spoiler...we will see Y/N again. Stay tuned for Book 4!