[4] - 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦

Start from the beginning

Bruce cleared his throat and bowed in front of the king. Rhodey looked at him in confusion, "What are you doing?"

T'Challa faced Banner and didn't mind the outsider's mistake, "Uh, we don't do that here."

Bruce looked back at Rhodey with a glare, and the colonel chuckled at the moment he witnessed.

"So how big of an assault should we expect?" T'Challa asked as the group began to walk back to the palace.

"Uh, sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault." Bruce called out from behind.

"Banner says this guy has the biggest army in the universe." Y/N chimed in.

"How we looking?" Natasha asked the Wakandan.

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..." T'Challa pointed ahead, and they saw a familiar looking man with a new vibranium arm walking up to them.

Bucky Barnes.

"And a semi-stable 100-year-old man." Barnes spoke.

Steve was happy to see his old friend again. With the Winter Soldier programming now erased from his mind, he was now back to being Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes.

Steve hugged his friend, "How you been, Buck?"

Bucky smiled, "Uh, not bad, for the end of the world."

• • •

IN THE LAB, T'Challa's sister, Shuri, was running scans on Vision who was laying on the table. The team stood in the room awaiting her plan. Through her beads, she projected a hologram of the Mind Stone.

"The structure is polymorphic." She stated.

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Bruce replied.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?"

Vision glanced at Banner, the young genius was already proving to be way smarter than even Stark himself.

"Because we didn't think of it." Banner shyly answered.

"Yeah, you and Tony just went straight to building Vision before we even arrived." Y/N added.

"I'm sure you did your best." Shuri told Banner.

"Can you do it?" Wanda asked her.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures." Shuri explained, then turned to T'Challa, "It will take time, brother."

"How long?" Steve asked.

"As long as you can give me."

Suddenly, Okoye's Kimoyo beads trilled. The alarm in the tower also sounded, and she summoned a projection from her wrist.

"Something's entered the atmosphere."

Sam and Bucky were outside. Through his earpiece, Y/N heard Sam speak to Steve, "Hey, Cap, we got a situation here."

There's distant rumbling, and soon after projectiles start crashing into the earth outside of the dome. They all looked out the window and witnessed it.