"Taylor the girls are here," Aunt Lana calls as she enters the room. She's dressed in a sleek black gown, her hair pulled up and light makeup accentuating her natural beauty. Tonight her and Mark will go to a restaurant before returning home to finish off their anniversary. She frowns some, "Still getting dressed?"

"Nothing to wear," I tell her, sighing out with exasperation. She taps her lips in thought before snapping her fingers.

"I think I've got just the dress. Wait here." She disappears out of the room. I can hear her talking to the girls, explaining I'll be down in a minute before soon she returns. In her hands she's holding this white dress. She holds it out for me to get a look at it. It's light enough that I won't feel strnage when wearing it and there are some small flowers along the fabric in this light yellow color that make the dress casual enough to wear.

"You've gotten quite tan these past two weeks so it'll look great against you."

"Aunt Lana, it's amaizng," I compliment, taking it into my hands. "You're a life saver!"

"Yeah, well I had a few crushes on boys in my time too." I narrow my eyes suspiciously at her and she gives me a knowing smirk. She smiles and places her finger to her lips in a secret motion.

Hearing someone else say it and coming to the realization that it's obvious makes me nervous some and once more I'm overwhelmed by my thoughts.

"What's wrong?"

I stare at the dress, running my fingers through the clear straps. "I-" I pause, trying to find a way to explain how I feel. "I feel confused."

"About what? You don't think he likes you?" Aunt Lana takes a seat on my bed and she taps the spot beside her. I take a seat next to her.

"No, yes - I want to like him, but then again, I feel wrong somehow. I feel like wanting this goes against Kayleigh. Like I don't deserve to be happy." I stare down at my hands. Aunt Lana places her hand to my chin and gently lifts it.

"Taylor, you should never feel that way. I can understand that the lost of Kayleigh is hard." Carefully she weighs her next words in her mouth, licking her lips before continuing, "but it doesn't mean your life has to stop. Don't stop loving, or being happy - don't stop living."

I know she's right and my head says to believe her, but my heart is unsure. "So," Aunt Lana says with a stand, she wipes away a stray tear from my cheek. "You're going to get dressed and you're going to have fun. Alright?"

"Yeah, alright," I say as I offer a weak smile.

"I'll tell the girls you'll be down soon." She says as she leaves. I take a few moments to compose myself before finishing getting dressed. Aunt Lana is right, the dress looks great against my skin and my hair seems to have benifited from the sea walter oddly enough. It's shinier and brighter from the sun's rays. I slip on a pair of brown sandals and finally place around my neck, the necklace I took from Kayleigh's dresser. After assuring I have my keys and phone in my little brown bag. I leave the bedroom and head downstairs.

When I see Ida and Becca in dresses similar to mine, I don't feels so nervous about wearing a dress. I say goodbye to Aunt Lana and Uncle Mike as I head out with Ida and Becca. Becca's Mom is giving us a ride, since the the luau will be held on another part of the island. Becca is chirping about how amazing the luau will be and I admit it excites me, but there's something a little different about Ida. We never really clicked much in the beginning, but now there just seems to be an icy link between the two of us. Even with Becca between us.

━━━━━━━━❀━━━━━━━━

When we arrive, I'm taken aback by how gorgeous the area is. It's like a private little world with its fence of thick trees and bright green grass with beautiful flwoers sprouting. A lake encircles the area, continuously winding like an endless blue string. The smell of cooked meat and a fire burning filters through the open windows of the car. The sound of drums fills the air, juxtaposed with a light chiming sound and the voices of women singing.