Twilight Sparkle: . . .I thought you said the fruit bats usually stayed put in the west orchard.

Applejack: The "fruit bats" do, but these aren't just your everyday ordinary fruit bats. They're "vampire" fruit bats! I'll be darned if they think they're gonna sink their fangs into my blue ribbon apple.

She then trots over towards a tree that has a tarp covering something quite large. She yanks it away to expose a single apple that is perhaps half a head taller than she is. The gargantuan fruit rests on the ground and its weight causing the tree's upper portion to bend 90 degrees. It sparkles in the light, eliciting a round of appreciative responses from the others.

 It sparkles in the light, eliciting a round of appreciative responses from the others

(Y/N): That thing is enough to feed an entire banquet!

Applejack: It may be so, but this ain't for eatin' sugarcube. This here's our entry into the Appleloosa State Fair's produce competition.

She then breathes on a patch of skin on the apple and polishes it with her tail.

Applejack: You know how much TLC goes into getting an apple to grow like this?

Rarity then approaches the shining apple to see that even her reflection is visible on it.

Rarity: Applejack! When you go big, you really go big!

Applejack: Them vampire bats want to shrivel it up like a raisin!

(Y/N): Then we need to find someway to extract them so they won't mess with it. . . from a distance that is.

Fluttershy: Oh, I'm sure if we just let them know how special that particular apple is to you, they'll leave it alone.

Applejack: *sarcastically* Yeah, right. Be my guest.

Fluttershy beams at the suggestion, completely missing the tone of these words. She then flies over to some bat-infested trees with the grass around their trunks littered with ruined apples.

Fluttershy: Um, excuse me, Mr. Vampire Bat-

Another wrecked fruit is thrown down, barely missing Fluttershy as it goes splat.

Fluttershy: We were just wondering if maybe you wouldn't mind leaving that really big apple alone?

Her best "pretty please" grin is met with dead silence for a moment, followed by a machine-gun barrage of apple seeds spat into her face. Fluttershy then gallops away with a shudder going to Applejack with a few seeds stuck in her mane.

Applejack: Well? What'd he say?

Fluttershy: Um. . . yes.

Applejack: *smiles* Huh?!

Fluttershy: But. . . it could've been a no.

Applejack groans disgustedly from that.

Fluttershy: This is the first vampire fruit bat I've ever met and, well, it might take some time for me to really understand their language.